cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 Participant Capacity Large Meeting Add-on

JDog
Listener
I recently bought one Large Meeting 500 participant capacity add-on to my pro account.  Then I added it to my personal user license.  Does this mean that any Zoom meeting that I personally start will have a 500 participant capacity?
Also, I have 2 other license holders on my account, does this mean the participant capacity for them is 100 because only I have the 500 participant add-on turned on?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @JDog –

The basic answer is “yes.”  But there’s a twist: It’s not actually tied to meetings you start; it’s meetings you schedule as host.

For most people, there’s no difference between the two: you only start meetings that you schedule, and nobody else starts meetings that you schedule. But with Alternate Hosts, Scheduling Privilege, and use of Host Keys, it’s possible that the person that schedules and hosts the meeting isn’t the person who starts the meeting.

If you’re interested in those topics:

Let me know if you need more info. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

Ray_Harwood

Yep! The meeting is tied to your account; your account has the 500 attendee add-on.  If you can’t make the meeting one day, its still got a 500 attendee limit, regardless of how it’s “hosted “. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @JDog –

The basic answer is “yes.”  But there’s a twist: It’s not actually tied to meetings you start; it’s meetings you schedule as host.

For most people, there’s no difference between the two: you only start meetings that you schedule, and nobody else starts meetings that you schedule. But with Alternate Hosts, Scheduling Privilege, and use of Host Keys, it’s possible that the person that schedules and hosts the meeting isn’t the person who starts the meeting.

If you’re interested in those topics:

Let me know if you need more info. 

Thank you Ray_Harwood.  This leads me to another question.

Will the 500 participant capacity add-on work on a meeting that is not scheduled, but that I set up as recurring with no set start or end time?

I scheduled one meeting on 5th November for 8th November.

Since i got good response,  i purchased add on on 8th November.

Do i need to create a new meeting or this add on will work in my original scheduled meeting.

Ray_Harwood

Yep! The meeting is tied to your account; your account has the 500 attendee add-on.  If you can’t make the meeting one day, its still got a 500 attendee limit, regardless of how it’s “hosted “. 

Excellent!  Thanks again!

singlap
Listener

I scheduled one meeting on 5th November for 8th November.

Since i got good response,  i purchased add on on 8th November.

Do i need to create a new meeting or this add on will work in my original scheduled meeting of 5th Nov.

Ray_Harwood

Your existing meeting will be fine. The capacity is checked at the time you start your meeting.