What's New at Zoom? Join our upcoming webinar to get a first-hand look into some of our exciting new product and feature releases.

Register Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40mins limitation with a basic user on a paid account

talkhello
Listener

According to the Zoom support (see the below link),

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202460676-Time-limits-for-Zoom-Meetings

Free licenses (Basic) on paid accounts

Meeting ends after 30 hours (active or idle)

• 1 host, no participant
  • 1 host, 1 participant
  • 0 host, 2 participants (join before host)

Meeting ends after 40 minutes (active or idle)

• 1 host, 2 participants or more at the same time
  • 0 host, 3 participants or more at the same time (join before host)

Note: If participants leave the meeting and join again before their first connection is fully terminated, it may count them as two different participants and trigger the 40-minute time limit. 

-----------------------------------------------

So I changed my account to a paid account and add other people to my account as a basic user.

But still they said they have 40 mins limitation with 1-on-1 meetings?

Pls help on this~~

5 REPLIES 5

jenncee
Community Champion

jenncee_0-1651501807903.png

Based on this article, 1:1 Zoom meeting hosted by Basic users on a paid account will end after 30 hours. If your user claims that the Zoom meeting still ends after 40 minutes, make sure with the user that it is a 1:1 meeting, meaning only the host and 1 participant. If the user is sure about that, I suggest opening a ticket, and have the meeting ID of the meeting when it happened ready.

Yes,,, we made sure only two participants in a meeting room,.

so I opened a ticket, but they replied as below,

"Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to your open ticket at this time."

How can I tackle this situation? Any idea?

jenncee
Community Champion

It has been changed

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5809097508109-May-2-2022-Free-account-meeting-duration-cha... 

Starting May 2, 2022, Zoom is changing the meeting duration limit for 1:1 meetings hosted by Basic users on Free and Free (Credit Card Verified) accounts to 40 minutes. This change creates a uniform 40-minute meeting duration limit for all meetings hosted by Basic users on Free and Free (Credit Card Verified) accounts, including group meetings and one-on-one meetings.

Ray_Harwood
Collaborator

@talkhello – you purchased a Pro license, now you need to assign that license to your user account. 

See this Zoom Support article for instructions on how to do that. 

Ray - "Old Desert Lizard" / GoodClix.com
Please like any post that helped you; please mark solutions so others can find them!

Ray_Harwood
Collaborator

See my post above on how to assign your newly-acquired Pro License to your user account.

Ray - "Old Desert Lizard" / GoodClix.com
Please like any post that helped you; please mark solutions so others can find them!