cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40mins limitation with a basic user on a paid account

talkhello
Listener

According to the Zoom support (see the below link),

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202460676-Time-limits-for-Zoom-Meetings

Free licenses (Basic) on paid accounts

Meeting ends after 30 hours (active or idle)

• 1 host, no participant
  • 1 host, 1 participant
  • 0 host, 2 participants (join before host)

Meeting ends after 40 minutes (active or idle)

• 1 host, 2 participants or more at the same time
  • 0 host, 3 participants or more at the same time (join before host)

Note: If participants leave the meeting and join again before their first connection is fully terminated, it may count them as two different participants and trigger the 40-minute time limit. 

-----------------------------------------------

So I changed my account to a paid account and add other people to my account as a basic user.

But still they said they have 40 mins limitation with 1-on-1 meetings?

Pls help on this~~

7 REPLIES 7

jenncee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

jenncee_0-1651501807903.png

Based on this article, 1:1 Zoom meeting hosted by Basic users on a paid account will end after 30 hours. If your user claims that the Zoom meeting still ends after 40 minutes, make sure with the user that it is a 1:1 meeting, meaning only the host and 1 participant. If the user is sure about that, I suggest opening a ticket, and have the meeting ID of the meeting when it happened ready.

Yes,,, we made sure only two participants in a meeting room,.

so I opened a ticket, but they replied as below,

"Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to your open ticket at this time."

How can I tackle this situation? Any idea?

jenncee

It has been changed

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5809097508109-May-2-2022-Free-account-meeting-duration-cha... 

Starting May 2, 2022, Zoom is changing the meeting duration limit for 1:1 meetings hosted by Basic users on Free and Free (Credit Card Verified) accounts to 40 minutes. This change creates a uniform 40-minute meeting duration limit for all meetings hosted by Basic users on Free and Free (Credit Card Verified) accounts, including group meetings and one-on-one meetings.

When I am a participant (Basic account) in a 1:1 Zoom meeting and the host has a Pro account, why am I limited to 40 minutes?

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @mbklein44.

The duration of the meeting is based on the meeting owner's account.  Was this Host the owner of the meeting?  Or possibly just became the host of a meeting owned by someone with a Basic account?

Many, many people with Basic accounts join hosted meetings longer than 40 minutes all the time.  If you were cut off in 40 minutes, it's not because you have a Basic account and the Meeting owner has a Pro account.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Ray_Harwood

@talkhello – you purchased a Pro license, now you need to assign that license to your user account. 

See this Zoom Support article for instructions on how to do that. 

Ray_Harwood

See my post above on how to assign your newly-acquired Pro License to your user account.