cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

403: error: app_not_configured_for_user

illaashok_83
Listener

I was able to almost all of the meetings thru my zoom account app. In one of my zoom meeting invite when I try to join I am having the below error on my iphone:

error: app_not_configured_for_user

tried to clear the web data and chace but still no luck, any help on how to resolve the error

6 REPLIES 6

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! If you can access via your computer and cannot access Zoom on your phone, this may be a possible security policy restricting access on your mobile device. 

This is especially if your organization requires you to utilize SSO to choose credentials. Please see https://support.google.com/a/answer/6301076?hl=en for more information about these policies and report back with feedback, and the Zoom Community can attempt to assist you further. 

I hope this is helpful,

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

gracea
Listener

I have the same problem.  I am trying to go to for instance

https://wilsonhillacademy.zoom.us/j/97414191521?pwd=L0drczdHRTA3MEo5MlpRdTFlUW15dz09

and getting

Error 403 (SAML2 Error)!!1 (google.com)

403. That’s an error.

Error: app_not_configured_for_user

Service is not configured for this user.

Request Details

That’s all we know.

YaBoiB

Hello Gracea, 

That meeting was configured for authentication, so you would have to be a member of that orginization to join that meeting. The error that you are getting is stating that you did not authenticate correctly in order to join the meeting. If this is in error, please reach out to the orginization and ask them to check on your account to make sure that it is still active and valid. Also, we do not recommend putting Zoom meeting IDs in this channel since it is a public community forum. If you would like to DM me I can attempt to help you solve this issue. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4406604615693-Requiring-authentication-to-join-a-meeting-w...

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

What should happen is for the Google authentication to occur, allowing me to select an account and then authenticate, but instead a 403 is occurring.  There must be some issue with the oauth integration in zoom that is causing this to occur.  I am in this class and do have rights to attend the zoom session.

YaBoiB

Hello @gracea

That could be the case. I clicked on the link, though, and it redirected me to the IDP, where I am not an authenticated member of your account, and gave me the same error. The only way we can know if this is a Zoom issue with OAuth is for you to submit a support ticket to either your admin team or Zoom Support. Then, we can look on the backend and see why the authentication is not authorizing you to join that meeting. Your admin team should be able to look at the SAML request from your IDP to see why the authentication isn't redirecting you to the Zoom meeting or they can work with Zoom support to find the issue on the backend. I hope that this helps. 

Regards,

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

gracea
Listener

This is occurring on multiple Windows computers and phones.  How to fix it?