cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40 minute limit popped up with my zoom pro account

gracefung
Listener

i purchased a zoom pro account two weeks ago.  Suddenly the 40 minute limit popped up today in my session.  Zoom does not have any live person to help since I own a one person business of psychotherapy practice.  I don't think it makes sense to buy a 10 license package which allows a live person support.  Very frustrating and disappointing. 

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @gracefung,

You probably still need to assign your newly purchased license to your user account. See this web page for assistance:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004976063-Assigning-a-License 

It's only a couple of steps, but if you need any additional guidance, let me know.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

JimmyWick
Attendee
  • Open Zoom and sign in if you haven’t already
  • From the home screen, click the Schedule icon which looks like a calendar
  • Set the date and time for when you want the meeting to roughly start and end (to the nearest half hour)
  • Scroll down to the Calendar heading and make sure Other Calendars is selected before clicking Save
  • All the info about the meeting will appear, including the all-important ID and joining link
  • Copy this and send it to all your potential participants

Once the call gets close the official 40-minute limit, a countdown clock will appear in the meeting window. At this point, the host should choose Leave Meeting (not End for All!). While it might look like the meeting has ended, if everyone clicks on the original joining link or enters the same ID, a new 40-minute period will start over again.

There’s no limit on how many times you can do this, so in theory, you could spend many hours in one meeting, albeit with breaks every 40 minutes. It’s not a perfect solution, but perhaps enforced regular breaks from work commitments isn’t the worst thing in the world.