cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40 minute limit on meetings for Licensed users

lapreanva
Listener

Hello,

I'm an Administrator on an Enterprise account. Many of our Licensed users are experiencing the 40 minute limit on meetings. After reviewing their ZOOM profiles to verify their user types, their user types are still set to Licensed oppose to Basic. Why are our Licensed users experiencing the Basic user settings?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone, 

The latest Zoom release on February 27, 2023, resolved an issue where licensed users received a 40-minute time limit on meetings with Zoom Outlook plugin. Please update Zoom to the latest version. Thank you!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new 

Have you opened a Zoom support ticket? This seems like a serious issue.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @lapreanva suggest double-checking to see if the license is still assigned to the correct user that is hosting those meetings.

Suggest looking into the KB on Assigning Zoom licenses

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

lapreanva
Listener

Yes, the License was still assigned to the user. So far, it's happened to 3 users within the last month. The 1st user reporting the incident, I contacted support. Support needed more information from the user to make a proper assessment. The user only provided the error message he received indicating the 40 minute limit warning.

Frank_TB

Hi, 

Would you be willing to share the ticket number?

I saw two similar situations this week. Quoting your ticket number in my own support case might help Zoom support spot a pattern.

cheers,

Frank

I'm seeing the same thing recently.  Also on an enterprise account, all licenses are assigned properly.  

lapreanva
Listener

According to my most recent interaction with Zoom support, this is likely caused by the Outlook plugin storing old information about an account and not syncing with the enterprise account. Their recommending switching to using the Outlook Add-in, rather than the Outlook plugin, as that is where most of the development & new features are being developed. Here's a link about how to install the Add-in here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005223123-installing-the-Zoom-for-Outlook-add-in

Excellent, thanks for sharing!

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue but we work with G suite and not Outlook, do you have an idea how to solve the issue? 

Thank you 

Hi Noam, the latest Zoom software update should resolve the issue. Try uninstalling Zoom from your device completely, then reinstall using the most up to date version. Be sure to restart your computer before reinstalling the newest version.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone, 

The latest Zoom release on February 27, 2023, resolved an issue where licensed users received a 40-minute time limit on meetings with Zoom Outlook plugin. Please update Zoom to the latest version. Thank you!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Thanks Carla, appreciate the update !