I am having issues with some of the users getting cut off at 40 minutes

others are okay

why is that

7 REPLIES 7

RajanB
Participant | Zoom Employee

Dalal

Please check the host has been assigned license type as "Basic" or "Licensed". If he/she has been assign "basic", there is 40min limit for the meetings he/she hosted.  To confirm this, please login to Zoom web portal ( zoom.us ) with admin. privilege & then navigate to ADVANCED > User Management > Users to check the license type against the user accounts.

WE are an education institution and all the users on our account have access to unlimited zoom meeting time. Only two of us have licenses and the other 34 on the account have basic a, yet all can book longer than 40 minutes except two.

It does not make sense.

This is very annoying that I cannot have this query resolved quickly.

I am really frustrated 

Also I already mentioned that we fit in under education therefore the 40 minutes limit does not apply.

RajanB

Hi Dalal

Sorry to hear you're having problem with 40min limit. As per your account info, only 2 users who are "licensed" can host meetings more than 40min. This is how the licenses work.

I would suggest reaching out to your Zoom account team to find a solution/options for your problem.

dalal1
Listener

Another champion mentioned

I just signed up on zoom from my school account and showed the message

Important Notice: Zoom has removed the 40 minute time limit for schools affected by COVID-19 through December 31, 2021. The meeting limit on your free Basic account has temporarily been lifted.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Is there anything different about the 2 users having issues? Is their login email different from the others?

some do have a gmail account but still it works. 

but two of them dont