cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 SSO logins, can't switch

TomS
Listener

I have an SSO login for my company.  It works fine. 

I just received a 2nd zoom SSO login from an educational institution.  

When I use the desktop zoom client (windows 10, v 5.8), it automatically logs me into company sso account..

I need to sometimes switch to 2nd SSO account, but when I try "Switch accounts" or sign out and then go to sign in, when I choose the SSO option, it whips by and automatically logs me into the company SSO account.  I am not given a chance to type in a domain to log into the 2nd account.

How can I fix this? 

37 REPLIES 37

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @TomS 

I just tested this - and I was able to get this behavior:

Log Out in Zoom first.

Then go to login.

Choose SSO

Your organization SSO page will probably popup . CLOSE that page.

Behind that page should be the Zoom SSO domain input box

Input your other SSO domain and proceed to your login.

Does that work for you?

For people who are having trouble quickly closing the browser page - keyboard shortcuts are useful here (e.g. command-w on mac)

TomS
Listener

Thanks Rupert,

Sadly, no this does not work.  Desktop client - choose login, then choose sso - it just whips by the domain entry screen in a millisecond. I can see my company's domain there in the brief time it is shown (very very brief).

I saw this article:  https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059970632-Auto-login-for-Office-365-add-in 

but I don't see the options they speak of so I can't see a way to disable this functionality (if this is indeed what is going on).

I do have the zoom outlook plugin installed - I tried disabling it in outlook but it had no effect.  And the article above talks about the web zoom portal and finding the option but I cannot find this setting anywhere in there.  It's possible this is out of my control (i.e. controlled by my company overlords).

I created a video but it won't let me upload it here - converted it to animated gif,  hopefully shows ok.

Tom

TomS
Listener

Well the workaround I found is to edit the file zoom.us.ini located here:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\data\Zoom.us.ini

and remove the win_osencrypt_key line entirely.  

It then prompts me for sso domain.  

Perhaps there is a setting somewhere that says "do not remember my sso domain" but I can't find it.  This will have to do.

Tom

Rupert

Well good find in the meantime!

Eaganeer
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

There is an MSI/GPO flag that admin's can utilize which will force the client to a specific SSO login. May be worth checking to see if your client was installed with this method. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362163-Mass-deployment-with-preconfigured-settings-for-...

Thanks Eaganeer - I see how they could set it during MSI setup, but I don't know how to tell if that has been done - I can't find any interesting registry keys that might hold this setting.  You don' t know where that setting lives, do you? 

The fact that I can override by editing the zoom.us.ini key and get prompted for sso info makes me think this is not in play (forced to specific sso).  I can switch between my company sso and the educational one by removing the line from the ini file and restarting.  It will remember what SSO to use until I clear it out again.

Tom

Rupert

Try HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Zoom\Zoom Meetings\General.​

Thanks - unfortunately nothing for Zoom under HKLM\Software\Policies or HKCU\Software\Policies

I just found it for myself (same problem).
Try this registry key:
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ZoomUMX\PerInstall\forcessourl
if you clear its value, then after you click SSO login and if will redirect you to login web-page in your browser. But now you can go back to your ZOOM window and change your domain there.

PS Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bits (Version 21H2), Zoom version: 5.12.9

Eaganeer

More information

The EXE installs in C:\User\****\AppData\Roaming\Zoom\bin and uses HKEY_CURRENT_USER\

The MSI installs in C:\Program Files (x86)\Zoom\bin and uses HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE\

If the EXE is installed on a machine that has the MSI, the installation stops and the MSI is left.

If the MSI is installed on a machine that has the EXE, a cleanup process will remove the EXE installation before continuing with the MSI install.

If you can validate (and get exception to?) any IT policies that lock down SSO domain, then the following article provides guidance on how to switch accounts.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362383-Signing-out-and-switching-between-accounts

KarinAlfrida
Listener

I have exactly the same problem, no solution to this yet unfortunately,  Drives me crazy… Any more suggestions, please?

probablynotNSA
Listener

I've been dealing with this for over a year.  Both my executive education program and my work are tech-savvy places that require SSO.  The workaround around here is to be quick with the mouse - you might be able to stop the page from loading once in five times.   If you win the race, you can go back to the "enter your domain" name to change the domain whose SSO is checked. 

Being forced to do this is totally unacceptable for a recipient of two very expensive enterprise accounts.  This is a known issue reported in multiple places without resolution.   Video conferencing is a commodity and Zoom's inability to address minor fixes like this will result in a market share loss quickly.  

I agree it should be fixed.  There is no way I could click fast enough.  My solution of editing the .ini file (well, using a batch file to overwrite ini file with one that does not have encryption key) works well enough for me - an inconvenience but doable.

I have the same problem.  What works for giving me enough time to close the browser before it logs me in automatically is to turn off the wifi before clicking on the SSO login button. To be specific:

1. Click Sign Out (Switch Accounts won't work)

2. Click Sign In

3. Disable internet connectivity (e.g. turn wi-fi off)

4. Click on SSO

5. Close the browser

6. Enable internet connectivity back (e.g. turn wi-fi back on)

7. Switch between SSO accounts by inserting your other organization's domain

drjuliet
Listener

I have the same problem. : (

bbgdjk
Listener

😘

laurabennett
Listener

e way i have found to do this is to log out of the Zoom desktop client, then go to https://portal.office.com and log out of Office 365 in the top right corner, then go back to the Zoom desktop client and sign back in, this will force the SSO authentication to go through the full sign in allowing you to enter the other emial account to sign in with.

chgboyd
Listener

Any updates on this? I'm having the same issue on a Mac.

Eaganeer

Is your Zoom client installation managed by IT?

Nope. I'm a solopreneur. 😉

Mine is.

Eaganeer

I did. Sadly, each time I try to select "Sign in with Google," it just shunts me back to the Zoom app, where I am still logged into my original account. See screen grab below.

2022-06-15 12.45.12.gif

@Eaganeer... aaaand... I just realized that this thread is technically about SSO logins, and not specifically Google logins. Perhaps it's a different issue...?

This is a genuine issue reported by tech-savvy people. Your patronising response that doesn't engage with the issue and closes it without providing a solution reflects very badly on Zoom.

KarinAlfrida
Listener

Looks like the problem/topic is marked as solved -  it isn't is it? 

It's not solved. Steps to recreate on Mac 10.15.7 

• open zoom from closed state
  • zoom will open safari tab https://[vanity].zoom.us/profile
  • the sign in with sso window will also open.
  • the pre-filled sso is not the correct one, and clicking "continue" will open a new safari tab with whatever profile/sso is signed in online. 
  • the field to edit the sso vanity name in the sso window will not be editable. 

Eaganeer

If SSO is pre-filled, that is an indicator that your IT could be managing your client. Some IT departments force SSO credentials, other recommend (pre-fill the field AND allow you to change).

(to read up about how IT can do this, this article talks about all the switches IT can configure on a managed installation.)

Note. This doesn't address chgboyd's issue, which I am still looking into. My current theory is that something funky is going on with the release of his authentication token.  The client looks to the browser for login credentials (SSO) and uses those. I'm going to test to see what happens if I open an incognito window (and leave it in focus) and then switch accounts in Zoom. Should have more time to address during the holiday lull.

(also note that I removed the 'mark as solved' flag. that maybe a result of overzealous clicking on my part.)

hwikle
Listener

@Eaganeer Can you please remove the "Solved" status from this? There's no solution to this in this thread. I'm also experiencing this issue and it's infuriating. It's effectively rendered my second SSO account unusable.

GeorgeR
Listener

I have solved this issue on my own(MAC). It's probably not IT as some might suggest, rather it's a browser setting. Zoom's Sign-in protocol looks like it uses your domain's method of signing into zoom when selecting SSO. Some of us like to save login information and sometimes have it Auto-login. Both my spouse and myself have a personal computer and work at the same institution and have both signed in to our own zooms using the SSO sign in launch page which usually signs us in automatically if it's been less than a few hours. I'm not sure what our IT department has it set to. This can be also fixed by clearing your cache. So depending on which browser you might be using, it will drive everyone nuts until they delete their cache. I was dealing with this with 2 differnt browsers and did not catch on until it dawned on me that my wife uses Firefox and I use Chrome. I wasn't paying attention that clicking on the SSO, the default browser is set to Firefox, so once i deleted the history for the past 2 hours, it finally brought up the actually credentials login page for our Company. 

I hope this works for everyone and if it does, they need to make this a sticky. Trying to find a solution for this was a nightmare.

Eaganeer

Good call out GeorgeR.  Yes, the Zoom client looks to the browser for authorization. Clearing the browser cache will clear the prior login token and allow you to start with a fresh login. 

Wouldn't a better solution be for Zoom to change their dialogue so you have to click to confirm the login rather than it automatically logging you into the last SSO you used? Then the problem doesn't arise in the first place, which seems better than letting it go on and hoping that frustrated users stumble across this discussion.

I found a quick workaround to the issue today if anyone needs it. I teach at several institutions, which all require SSO logins. After authenticating a new SSO login tonight I encountered the issue. Signing out or switching account did not prevent Zoom from automatically using one of the SSO credentials immediately upon selecting SSO.

Workaround on Desktop Client:

1. open desktop client,

2. toggle the zoom.us to zoomgov.com,

3. select SSO under the prompt to enter company domain and dropdown,

4. revert to zoom.us,

5. enter domain related to SSO credentials,

6. login

Let me know if you find this helpful.

rjr
Listener

I found a quick workaround to the issue today if anyone needs it. I teach at several institutions, which all require SSO logins. After authenticating a new SSO login tonight I encountered the issue. Signing out or switching account did not prevent Zoom from automatically using one of the SSO credentials immediately upon selecting SSO.

Workaround on Desktop Client:

1. open desktop client,

2. toggle the zoom.us to zoomgov.com,

3. select SSO under the prompt to enter company domain and dropdown,

4. revert to zoom.us,

5. enter domain related to SSO credentials,

6. login

Let me know if you find this helpful.

austintremblay
Listener

This is an old post, but I recently experienced the same issue when I needed to borrow my wife’s laptop to take a meeting scheduled in my Zoom account. Signed her out of the client, SSO’d into my account, then couldn’t SSO back into hers. 

My workaround: Clear the browser cache. After that, it wasn’t automatically going to my org’s SSO page and passing me through to the client. Instead, I was prompted for the domain and was able to enter hers so that she could sign in again.

pl4
Listener

After a couple of hours trying to understand where Zoom was taking its authoritative "force to SSO on the company Zoom", I finally discovered it.

On MacOS, it's in: /Library/Managed Preferences/your_username/us.zoom.config.plist

Simply delete that file (and you will need to be root to do that), exit all your browsers, sign out of Zoom, then exit Zoom and start it again. I was then prompted which company I belong to and could sign it with the other SSO account.