cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 participant sharing 2 screens simultaneously

FabA
Listener

Hello, 

I've scoured the web for a method whereby the same participant shares 2 screens simultaneously and the other participants can see the content. In this scenario, the participants too have 2 monitors, and would ideally see the content separately. Much to my dismay, they can only see one of the screens at a time--not what I want. 

I've tried clicking and holding the Ctrl button, checking the "use dual monitors" option--to no avail. My PC meets the minimum tech requirements and I have the latest version of the Windows Zoom app. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Sure thing, happy to help. 

As for your follow-up question, it does seem that is a limitation of sharing multiple apps. I was able to select multiple apps on different screens (macOS), but they would only both display when located on the same screen. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Bort

Hi @FabA 

Unfortunately, sharing multiple screens from the same computer is not possible. You would either need to move windows between screens to make them visible to participants, or switch between which screens are being shared. 

If you would like to submit any product feedback, I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback with the Zoom team. Thanks!

FabA
Listener

Hi @Bort 

Thanks for the prompt reply. Can you clarify something else? If I have one application on say, screen 1, and another application on screen 2, I still can't share both applications despite holding the Ctrl button. That is not necessarily the same as say, sharing 2 screens, but the limitation is still there--or am I doing something wrong?

Bort

Sure thing, happy to help. 

As for your follow-up question, it does seem that is a limitation of sharing multiple apps. I was able to select multiple apps on different screens (macOS), but they would only both display when located on the same screen. 

Hi Bort, 

Can we share now multiple screens?

How do I enable it?

Planades1976
Listener

Dear Zoom, one of my participant wasn't able to screen share, i just need to make her a host for her to screen share

Bort

Hi @Planades1976 

Please check your advanced sharing settings when in a meeting: 

Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 22.24.28.png

This can also be set as the new default in your Settings page, under the Screen sharing setting. If you change the default on the Settings page, you won't have to change this in each meeting you host. 

Planades1976
Listener

Is there any option in your settings on-screen sharing? 

ScottBurk88
Listener

I work at a Service Desk and I found your post because I was having a similar issue and I think I found out how to do it. The setting is not in Zoom but in Windows.

If you press WinKey+P it will bring up Projection options on the right. If you press Extend it will 'extend to' the 2nd monitor and both screens will be projected through one screen. Crazy

Hope this helps, I felt dumb when I figured it out.