cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Account, 2 Different Hosted Meetings

AlvinFerry
Listener

Can I host 1 meeting on 1 place and host again another meeting to another place with another laptop using only 1 account at the same time?
Is it possible to do this? I'm thinking to lend my account to one of my colleagues.
And if possible, is there a specific type of account to use?
If there should be an alternative host for the other meeting, should the alternative host have the same account type(Pro,Business,etc)?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @AlvinFerry 

By default, hosting concurrent meetings is not allowed. Each user can only host 1 meeting at at time, even if they do not actually attend that meeting. 

In your situation, both meetings would be owned by your account, so even if you let your colleague use one of your meetings, you would not be able to start a 2nd meeting from your account without ending their meeting first. 

As mentioned in the concurrent meetings article, you would need to upgrade to a Business account to be able to host 2 meetings concurrently, which is likely much more than you need for just you and a colleague. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

ccameron

@AlvinFerry,

Concurrent meetings are possible for a licensed user on a business, education or enterprise account. More info is below:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206122046-Hosting-concurrent-meetings

If this answers your question, please accept as solution.

Bort

Yes, as long as you are a licensed user on a Business account, then you should be able to host 2 meetings at the same time on different devices. 

7 REPLIES 7

Bort

Hi @AlvinFerry 

By default, hosting concurrent meetings is not allowed. Each user can only host 1 meeting at at time, even if they do not actually attend that meeting. 

In your situation, both meetings would be owned by your account, so even if you let your colleague use one of your meetings, you would not be able to start a 2nd meeting from your account without ending their meeting first. 

As mentioned in the concurrent meetings article, you would need to upgrade to a Business account to be able to host 2 meetings concurrently, which is likely much more than you need for just you and a colleague. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thank you Bort!
If I have a business account. Can i now use it in 2 different laptops and host 2 meetings at the same time?

Bort

Yes, as long as you are a licensed user on a Business account, then you should be able to host 2 meetings at the same time on different devices. 

One last thing, what is the meaning of 'licensed user on a Business account'?

Bort

Well, you would be a user on a Business account and have a license assigned to you. Users on paid accounts (Pro, Business, etc) are either Basic or Licensed. 

ccameron

@AlvinFerry,

Concurrent meetings are possible for a licensed user on a business, education or enterprise account. More info is below:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206122046-Hosting-concurrent-meetings

If this answers your question, please accept as solution.

Thank you CCameron!
If I have a business account. Can i now use it in 2 different laptops and host 2 meetings at the same time?