cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1:1 Meeting is limited to 40min

Kaschi007
Listener

I have an issue by setting up a meeting via Outlook.
When I set up a meeting with only 1 other participant the meeting is limited to 40 minutes!

I thought a 1: 1 meeting has no limits?

Am I wrong or did the rules changed?
What do I have to do different to have a timewise unlimited 1:1 meeting?

Thank you for your help

Holger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mr_Zoomtastic
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Kaschi007 ,

Starting May 2, 2022, Zoom is changing the meeting duration limit for 1:1 meetings hosted by Basic users on Free and Free (Credit Card Verified) accounts to 40 minutes. This change creates a uniform 40-minute meeting duration limit for all meetings hosted by Basic users on Free and Free (Credit Card Verified) accounts, including group meetings and one-on-one meetings.

There is no limit to how many meetings a Basic user can host; however, if you prefer to avoid a meeting timeout at 40 minutes, upgrade to a Pro account to remove the 40-minute limit from all future meetings.

For more information: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5809097508109-May-2-2022-Free-account-meeting-duration-cha...

If this helped, please remember to click on the "Accept as Solution" button below.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mr_Zoomtastic

Hi @Kaschi007 ,

Starting May 2, 2022, Zoom is changing the meeting duration limit for 1:1 meetings hosted by Basic users on Free and Free (Credit Card Verified) accounts to 40 minutes. This change creates a uniform 40-minute meeting duration limit for all meetings hosted by Basic users on Free and Free (Credit Card Verified) accounts, including group meetings and one-on-one meetings.

There is no limit to how many meetings a Basic user can host; however, if you prefer to avoid a meeting timeout at 40 minutes, upgrade to a Pro account to remove the 40-minute limit from all future meetings.

For more information: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5809097508109-May-2-2022-Free-account-meeting-duration-cha...

If this helped, please remember to click on the "Accept as Solution" button below.

If they are going to make such a change they should have updated their documentation! It STILL says that meetings with more than 2 people timeout after 40 minutes but nothing about meetings with just 2 people.