cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slack: /zoom does nothing

nick6
Listener

This morning the "/zoom"  stopped working for a few people in my workspace. Input that command and enter...nothing. No message or other feedback.We have one paid person/user account, and this command still works for them. AFAIK nothing has changed regarding paid permissions. I've tried to uninstall/resinstall, restart both zoom and slack, checked for upgrades. Have not been able to fix this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nick6
Listener

Zoom have updated the plugin and it is now working.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

justus4HP
Listener

Same for me 😕 Also reset permissions, tried in browser and slack app. Nothing. Weird thing: it works for me but not a couple of other users. I did notice though that this issue is connected to the licenses. When I assign the user who reported the issue a pro license, the invite is there. Just not for basic users.

@justus4HP wrote:

Same for me 😕 Also reset permissions, tried in browser and slack app. Nothing. Weird thing: it works for me but not a couple of other users. I did notice though that this issue is connected to the licenses. When I assign the user who reported the issue a pro license, the invite is there. Just not for basic users.

Schlessy
Listener

We are in the same boat and have tried everything, but unable to get things to work. We logged a ticket with Slack who came back within minutes with stuff to try, and eventually told us to contact Zoom, as in their investigation, the issue is emanating at the Zoom end. Slack have said that they have reported the issue to Zoom. We have also tried to reach out to Zoom to get someone there to have a look and explain why this is happening (is it just because they want us to upgrade? - Don't know why this is happening, which is amazingly frustrating) and no one at Zoom has yet to come back to us.

bigbrig
Listener

Also experiencing this issue. Have uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times, has not fixed. Opened a ticket with Zoom.

akash98
Listener

Same issue with our Slack and Zoom.

we tried/zoom logout and /zoom but that didn't fix it. 

we also tried to remove it from the workspace and add it back but that didn't work either. Now, We are just waiting for zoom to find a solution.

Schlessy
Listener

The only support I have received from Zoom is to perform the basic stuff - clear browser caching, logout and reconfig, reattach Zoom, uninstall and reinstall Slack and Zoom. We did all of this early yesterday morning 27th June GMT, with numerous installs and nothing has helped. Issue outstanding now for over 24 hours and I have asked for escalation on the ticket but still no concrete actions from Zoom. Can Everyone please ask for this issue to be escalated with Zoom Support, and maybe as a group we will get some proper service?

Texeira
Listener

Having the exact same issue. Tried all the known fixes but none of them worked

KateAshman
Listener

Same issue.
I've noticed if you open up the zoom app for desktop, and go to the meeting lists, you can see the meeting gets added.. but nothing happens in slack.

Schlessy
Listener

Is anyone here having any success getting this worked on by Zoom Support?  If you have tickets open with Zoom, can everyone please escalate their tickets to get some sort of assistance. Thank you.

zoom are expecting to fix this over the weekend
Farwalis (Zoom)
Jun 29, 2022, 13:08 GMT+10
Hi Nick,Thanks for the response.Upon further checking, there is an ongoing issue on this matter and per engineering, they will have this resolved in the coming weekend.Sorry for any inconvenience.Best regards,
Farwalis

beee
Listener

Sam here, known issue for Zoom - their eng team is on it.

yuu13
Listener

same issue, revoke permission, uninstall and reinstall, still does nothing.

nick6
Listener

Zoom have updated the plugin and it is now working.

Ok

Jihab
Listener

Hello