cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Moodle Error

cognultsoft
Listener

I am trying to integrate ZOOM plugin in Moodle, I install it, I enter the APIs but when I am going to generate an activity that is a conference by ZOOM, this comes out:

“You are using Zoom for the first time, so you must enable your Zoom account by logging in to with your login credentials. Once you’ve activated your Zoom account, reload this page and continue setting up your meeting.”

Can someone help me

Am new t o this platform, forgive me if i break any rule with this post but i need assistance asap

9 REPLIES 9

Freddi_G
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi there, sounds like you did everything correctly in regards to setting up the integration. The error simply means that the email being passed through the integration does not match any accounts within the account you integrated it to. Simply use an email that matches within the account or ensure the user who is trying to access the integration (instructor) gets an account created within the Zoom organizational account with an email that matches and try again.

Sorry I am just getting here one year later, but I have a similar proble. I provided the necessary API and secret key for Zoom plugin to Moodle. When I try adding a zoom activity using an account with exactly the same email address as the zoom account-owner (we have a zoom for education licence valid for 20 users), i still get the same error message: "Unable to find your account on Zoom. If you are using Zoom for the first time, you must activate your Zoom account by logging into https://zoom.us/. Once you've activated your Zoom account, reload this page and continue setting up your meeting. Else make sure your email on Zoom matches your email on this system."

The Zoom accounts are active and we have used them to schedule some meetings outside Moodle.

Might anyone here have an idea why this is happening?

Freddi_G

Hello, id say open a ticket so our LTI team could get a better look. There are a few factors in play here:

• Email matches Zoom but email format coming from Moodle may not match what is being presented to Zoom
  • Email matches Moodle and Zoom but email matches to a different Zoom account it was originally integrated with. (I think you confirmed it was the owner of the original integrated account) so the above might be more probable.

Hard to say just by going off this thread so its better to do some more digging with an engineer, it should be a relatively easy fix, open a ticket here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks for the advice. We are presently working on a Moodle Upgrade. We shall revist this issue and open a ticket should the it persist when we switch over to the new Moodle version.

AngloACPB
Listener

Hi,

We have a similar problem.

After upgrading to the latest version we couldn't connect it anymore. We thought it was because we used JWT.
So, we create the Oauth S2S app

After completing the credentials using Oauth S2S we get the following error
Connection status: Connection failed: HTTP Status 403
Changing Zoom API Identifier from email address to username we have this status
Connection status: Connection working
But in this case we get this message when trying to create rooms
Unable to find your account on Zoom. If you are using Zoom for the first time, you must activate your Zoom account by logging into https zoom us. Once you've activated your Zoom account, reload this page and continue setting up your meeting. Else make sure your email on Zoom matches your email on this system.

Any idea where we might be going wrong?
Regards

Moodle version 4.1+ (Build: 20221222) (2022112800.05) PHP Version 8.1.2-1

Moodle zoom meeting plugin Release v5.0.0

Freddi_G

Sorry for the delay in reply. Were you able to figure this out? Our unique identifier will always be email and it alludes to that in the error above.

zozo77
Listener

We have similar problem. We get the following error as soon as we open Zoom plugin settings in Moodle:
Connection status: Connection failed: OpenSSL SSL_connect: Connection reset by peer in connection to zoom.us:443 

We also have PHP Version 8.1.2-1 (ubuntu2.14.), and Moodle 4.1.1

Freddi_G

If you are still using JWT, this has now been deprecated by Zoom. You will need to update to using Oauth moving fwd. If you are using S2S Oauth, I would post this question to our Dev forums devforums.zoom.us 

We're using Oauth.