cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Apps Tab (Mac)

NEON8L
Listener

Hi all:

I have 4 Apps installed from marketplace (see attachment), but nowhere in my settings, meetings or live sessions can I see an Apps TAB. Have read every document available., Googled, Zoom Guy doesn't know... and I am pretty familiar with ZOOM for 18 months now. Using Mac, Big Sur and most recent ZOOM update. Can anybody please set me in the right direction? Many thanks. - John

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I am having the same issue on a PC. It works if I use the Zoom App to launch Zoom, but not on the Desktop version. The apps button doesn't appear on the ribbon on the Desktop.

View solution in original post

I just found out that Apps doesn't work through Zoom on a Browser. I have to use what Zoom calls the 'Zoom Desktop Client' (which I had been calling the Zoom App). It took me AGES going through several help articles, many of which were utterly confusing as they assume you know what the Zoom Desktop Client is. I wish it said in the Zoom Marketplace the simple statement: "Apps don't work through a browser".  It would have saved me a lot of hassle. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @NEON8L 

To access Zoom Apps on the desktop client, you need to ensure that the Zoom Apps quick launch button is allowed to be displayed. To allow that, go to your Settings page in the web portal, then select the Zoom Apps tab. There you need to ensure that the only setting, Zoom Apps Quick Launch Button, is enabled. That should make Zoom Apps accessible in your meetings on the desktop client. 

Many thanks.

That is the way the setting is at present… and even after toggling off/on and resetting, still not visible.
Thanks

Bort

Are you on version 5.7.3 or higher? If not sure, this guide can help you check for updates

5.7.6 and Big Sur on Mac.

Thanks

I just found out that Apps doesn't work through Zoom on a Browser. I have to use what Zoom calls the 'Zoom Desktop Client' (which I had been calling the Zoom App). It took me AGES going through several help articles, many of which were utterly confusing as they assume you know what the Zoom Desktop Client is. I wish it said in the Zoom Marketplace the simple statement: "Apps don't work through a browser".  It would have saved me a lot of hassle. 

I am having the same issue on a PC. It works if I use the Zoom App to launch Zoom, but not on the Desktop version. The apps button doesn't appear on the ribbon on the Desktop.

Hi @Bort, I have the Zoom Apps Quick Launch Button enabled but I still don't see the Zoom Apps tab on the Desktop client. I have signed out and back in multiple times. I have a Mac Book Pro macOS Sierra version 10.12.6 and Zoom version is  5.8.6 (2879). 
Please advise, thanks!

Bort

@nicoinnet I checked with the Zoom Apps team and there is a minimum OS requirement for Zoom Apps. You need to be on High Sierra (10.13), as Sierra (10.12) is not sufficient.

I will work on updating the support docs to make that clearer.

@Bort  I see. Thanks for the update! 🙂

SF0_Dan
Listener

Similar issue: I set up several apps and used them in Zoom for months, now the Apps icon is gone from the Zoom menu bar at the bottom of my Zoom window. I'm on a Mac running OS 11.6.1, on Zoom v5.9.1(3506), and have Zoom Apps enabled in settings. Any suggestions?