cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Backgrounds on Facebook Portal TV

zoomingthrulife
Listener

Portal TV comes with a few built-in virtual backgrounds, but it suggests that custom backgrounds can be added. Is this possible? I tried uploading a custom background to the desktop app, but it does not appear in the Portal TV app. Has anyone been able to get this to work? What are the steps?

4 REPLIES 4

Listener
  • Thankyou
  •  

God,morning,every,body,so,like,this,community,member,thank,you

KN1
Listener

Hi,

I have a similar question.  I can only see the default backgrounds for Facebook/Meta Portal  How can I use my own virtual background?

thanks

brucekenny
Listener

Absolutely, I've also been curious about adding custom virtual backgrounds on Facebook Portal TV. From my experience, it should be possible to use custom backgrounds, although the process might be a bit tricky. I haven't personally attempted it, but I've heard of others who have succeeded.

To get custom backgrounds to work on Portal TV, you might want to try these steps:

1. Prepare Your Background: First, ensure that your custom background is in the appropriate format and dimensions. It's a good idea to use an image with a resolution that matches or is close to the resolution of your Portal TV.
  2. Upload to Facebook: One approach could be to upload the custom background to your Facebook account. Make sure the privacy settings are such that only you can see the post.
  3. Link the Background: Once uploaded, you might need to generate a link to the image. You can do this by right-clicking on the image and selecting "Copy image address" or similar, depending on your browser.
  4. Access Portal TV App Settings: Open the Portal TV app on your device and navigate to the settings section. There should be an option for virtual backgrounds or display settings.
  5. Add Custom Background: Look for an option to add a custom background or paste a link. This is where you'd paste the link to your custom background image.
  6. Apply and Test: After adding the link, apply the changes and test it out during a video call. The custom background should now appear as an option for you to select.

I understand your frustration if you're having trouble getting this to work. It's not uncommon for technology to have a learning curve. If you've tried these steps and they still haven't worked, consider reaching out to Facebook's support or checking online forums for any potential solutions.

By the way, while we're discussing technology, have you heard of YouTube Vanced? It's a fantastic alternative YouTube client that offers a range of features like ad-blocking, background playback, and more. It's not directly related to Portal TV backgrounds, but it could enhance your overall streaming experience. You might want to consider giving it a try!

Hope this helps, and let me know if you make progress with the custom backgrounds or if you have any other questions!