cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install this app without the developer's account. Please contact the app developer to inst

mudithaj
Listener

I have gone similar topic regarding this topic. But I couldn't found the exact reason for my issue. 

I have created an OAuth User-managed app. And I haven't published it.
And trying to install the app (authorize) using a different zoom account (other than the account that created the app )
this message was shown.
Unable to install this app without the developer's account. Please contact the app developer to install.

So basically  I was trying to authorize(get access token)  an account, using client id and secret which is from not published user-level type app. And the account I was trying to authorize was not the account which has created the app. 

Much appreciate any feedback on this. 

1 REPLY 1

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

mudithaj,

Welcome to the Zoom Community.  That specific error sounds like the scope of the application requires admin rights for viewing and editing users and user permission management, and you are trying to have a user who does not have those rights to install the application.  Can you verify if those scopes are involved in the application, and what roles the user has?  Can you also see if a user with admin rights is able to install the app?

If this does answer the question, please click on 'Accept as Solution' below.  Thanks.