cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please change the new zoom website favicon and logo

appertonek
Listener

Hi there! The new favicon/logo for the web pages of zoom is unacceptable! It is used by the russian terrorists.  It is very insensitive to the time and disrespectful to the people suffering from war, to use such a logo. Could you please provide the feedback to the design and product team??

10 REPLIES 10

Calvo
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi appertonek

interesting point, so will go on an tell also all other companies like Zurich insurance, Nissan with their 350 and 370 with the Z logo to change it too?

And what if tomorrow they change to B...

BR
calvo

Let's be realistic. Let's do the impossible!

there was an acceptable favicon previously, the one with the camera. But now everyone in the world knows what Z stands for, and you chose it to be your new logo intentionally?

Zurich Insurance has an obviously different letter that doesn't resemble the "zwastika".

350 and 370 stopped production years ago, before the russian invasion. If you talk about Nissan Fairlady, its "z" letter is also obviously different from "zwastika".

Zoom didn't have these issues before December 2022 when they decided to change a normal logo to the one that resembles a terrorist symbol.

Calvo

I'm not working for Zoom, I´m just a user and an admin... also I don´t know when the logo change has been made, just gave my opinion on this topic knowing that there are a lot more companies that uses a Z in their logo..

We are talking about a letter and not an icon or a sign if so I woul have also an other opinion..that's all;)

Let's be realistic. Let's do the impossible!

YevhenZabolotny
Listener

I was shocked when I started seeing this new logo.. because it looks identical to what ruZZians use in their war machine. Zoom team please change it back or to something else. it is one thing if you had this logo BEFORE the war, but it looks super strange that you choose such an icon after one year of the war, after the whole world saw what that Z means exactly

volodymyr808
Listener

I was also badly surprised when I saw it a month ago. It is a weird coincidence indeed.  Actually I'm pretty sure that it was done intentionally by some group of Z-patriots (as they call themselves). Only a fool would not notice an eye catching similarity between ruZZian war sign and new logo/favicon of zoom after almost a year of war in Ukraine.  Even if we imagine there's a design department full of fools creating such a logo now, I do not believe that fools are in all departments and across all management. They should have noticed it and they did, but for some reason do not do anything about it. And its no surprise in case they indeed support russian invasion into Ukraine.

whatever1
Listener

This is absolutely unacceptable. The font and the style of the logo resemble exactly the swastikas being put on the terrorists vehicles.

whatever1
Listener

Also, people here try to vow that other companies also use letter Z in their logo. They do, but they started using it long ago, not exactly in 2023 when people are being slaughtered under this sing basically in real time.

OleksandrK
Listener

@Zoom  any reaction on this? Even if you are okay with referencing your product brand with the ruzzian terrorists, can you at least provide the ability to change that for your customers?

Daniela_Artec
Listener

I agree. The new favicon has horrific associations. I can't bear to see it in my browser. Please please change it.