cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help regarding Marketplace App Development

msasa
Listener

I have to build a Marketplace App, in which I'm supposed to provide users option of selecting image and make the selected image as virtual background.

Now I've created app and installed in my own account(developer account). But I'm stuck from this point. I can not find any reference or documentation on how to proceed further.

P.S. - There are already apps in marketplace which implement the same logic, user sees a list of images and select one as virtual background.

Any guidance regarding this will be very much helpful and appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

If you are wanting to release your integration for use outside of meetings, you can refer to the Marketplace documentation found here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/publishing/app-submission/submission-checklist

If wanting to create an integration to be used in meetings, like our newly released Zoom Apps, that is unfortunately not yet available for all developers. 

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. I’m sorry, but I am not “fully” understanding what is “in meeting” and “outside of meeting”. I think I was not clear enough in my first message so I would appreciate if you can read my explanation once again and please give me your suggestion.

I want, when Zoom user starts meeting and starts my Zoom App in it, we want user’s zoom email ID to be sent to our server (via API of course) and our server will send that users name, ID and QR code image, those we want to show in the Zoom Meeting background. Plus, we want to sent list background images from our Server to the users Zoom meeting (via API) so user can pick an image to be shown in their zoom meeting background, along with the Name and QR code image over it in the top left corner in the Zoom meeting screen.

What do you mean by “not available for all developers”? How can I be one of the developer that Zoom can allow?

Thank you so much for your help. I am waiting for your reply.

msasa
Listener

@Bort 

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it. I’m sorry, but I am not “fully” understanding what is “in meeting” and “outside of meeting”. I think I was not clear enough in my first message so I would appreciate if you can read my explanation once again and please give me your suggestion.

I want, when Zoom user starts meeting and starts my Zoom App in it, we want user’s zoom email ID to be sent to our server (via API of course) and our server will send that users name, ID and QR code image, those we want to show in the Zoom Meeting background. Plus, we want to sent list background images from our Server to the users Zoom meeting (via API) so user can pick an image to be shown in their zoom meeting background, along with the Name and QR code image over it in the top left corner in the Zoom meeting screen.

What do you mean by “not available for all developers”? How can I be one of the developer that Zoom can allow?

Thank you so much for your help. I am waiting for your reply.

Bort

Based on your description, you want to develop an in-meeting Zoom App, rather than a integration that pulls meeting info outside/after a meeting. 

As far as I know, Zoom has not yet given access to publishing new Zoom App to other developers. Development of Zoom Apps is still in limited Beta, while our teams improve the backend APIs and approval process. 

If this is not available to common developers, is there a way to either get approval to build these apps or to request zoom or other party to build one for us?

stevejhons
Listener

I appreciate it. I’m sorry, but I'm not “ completely” understanding what's “ in meeting” and “ outside of meeting”. I suppose I wasn't clear enough in my first communication so I would appreciate it if you can read my explanation formerly again and please give me your suggestion. I want, when Zoom stoner starts meeting and starts my Drone App in it, we want stoner’s drone dispatch ID to be transferred to our garçon (via API of course) and our garçon will shoot that druggies name, ID, and QR law image, those we want to show in the Zoom Meeting background.