cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a scam?

Rhanw
Listener

I received this email and just want to know if it's real or if it's a fishing scam:

Zoom will be updating your Marketplace Pre-Approval setting for publicly listed apps to allow users to freely add apps without admin approval as the new default on April 18, 2022.

If you would like to keep your current setting of requiring admin approval for adding apps, you can go to Marketplace. Only one admin for your account needs to take action if you prefer to keep your setting on.

Can anyone help me?

7 REPLIES 7

TomO
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

This is a legitimate change that is taking place next month. I'm trying to find a more detailed explanation of the change that I can share. In the meantime here is the support page that explains pre-approvals for apps:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360027829671-Pre-approving-and-approving-apps-in-Zoom-App-...

I hope that helps! Please mark the reply Accept As Solution if it does.

Thank you. I will check it out.

I am wondering about this, too, but more with regard to whether I need to care.  I only use my Zoom account occasionally for personal use  and I am not paying for a subscription. Do I even have users?  Who are "users"?

TomO

Hi,

If you're the only person on the account you wouldn't have to worry as you're the one approving the apps.

ZoomiePrime
Listener

I just received this email and need to know if it's a scam or not:

Julie Schmidt (***********) has created a Zoom account for you (Julie Schmidt). By accepting this invitation, all 1 user(s) in your account will be consolidated into the new account and become Basic users. If you agree, please click the button below to approve.

As I already have an account, I see no reason to start some new one with this Julie.  Does anyone know what this is about?

Bort

Looks like this Julie is inviting you to join her account, via this process: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360028938451-Adding-existing-users-to-a-paid-account You would not be starting a new account per se, you would just be migrating your user profile into her account. 

If you don't know this Julie, then I would simply ignore the email, as it could have been a typo when inviting someone else. 

ZoomiePrime
Listener

Thank you for taking the time to respond.  I did get an email later from her, letting me know it was an accident.  Appreciate your feedback!