cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eventbrite Event not registering all on Zoom

AndyLuke
Listener

I have an event with 26 registered via Eventbrite, however there are only 17 registered on Zoom.  No idea why this has happened or how to resolve.  May be something to do with orders with multi tickets but I don't know.

5 REPLIES 5

alexisbrown
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @AndyLuke ,

I am certainly no expert with the Eventbrite app, but I did find some documentation that perhaps may be helpful to troubleshoot your issue:

I certainly welcome any fellow community members who have experience using the Eventbrite app/integration to chime in with any solution!

Best,

Alexis

Alexis
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @AndyLuke,

I've used Eventbrite with linkage to Zoom Meetings and Webinars without any issue.  I'm not sure what would cause this, but will run through a couple of ideas.

First... is the "event" a Zoom Meeting, Webinar, or is it actually a Zoom Event/Conference?  Last I checked (over a month ago), there is no way to link a Zoom Event/Conference from Eventbrite, so if you mean that kind of event, yeah... it shouldn't work at all.

Next, assuming it's a Meeting or a Webinar (not a session in a Conference), do you have registration turned on with "Auto Approval" or "Manual Approval"?  I'd be sure it was "Auto Approval" so that when Eventbrite sends the registration over the API, there's no delay.

I've been amazed at the robustness of the interface, as on occasion I have not done the linkage to Zoom until a number of registrations have been completed on Eventbrite.  As soon as I make the linkage, the registrations start to flow, but they are not instantaneous.  I'm pretty sure this is due to rate restrictions in place (either from Zoom or Eventbrite), but I have seen 8-10 come over every minute or so.

If you are seeing slightly longer delays than this, it's unusual - in my experience - but expected.  But registrations from yesterday, for example, should be in there today, for sure.

I would recommend exporting the registrants from Zoom and Eventbrite and comparing Email addresses to see if there is some pattern you can see.  Also note that, in my experience with Webinars, when you enter Panelists, they do not also appear as Registrants.  I know that was the case about a year ago... there might be some updates that I haven't really noticed lately.

If you'd like to discuss specific details of your particular setup, send me a private message.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi Ray,

I tried to contact you privately but it wouldn't allow me. I have a zoom meeting set up through eventbrite. It does not take place until 1/18/23. I thought that when they signed up/registered immediately in eventbrite that the person will automatically receive the zoom link information. Is that not true? Does eventbrite send the zoom information to the participants before the event? Do you suggest that I send the participants a link individually through eventbrite?

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @gmartin - Happy 2023!

Eventbrite's standard communication is to send an email with a "Join" about 24 hours before and 2 hours before the event; and this button doesn't go "active" until 30 minutes before the event.

I usually set Zoom to send the usual Zoom Registrant Confirmation email 2 hours before the event, so people who are very used to Zoom messages know to go there.

Any email you send in the few hours before the event are worth the effort.  In my experience, anything sent in the days/weeks before the event are rarely kept by anyone -- the only think they really want is a confirmation that their registration was accepted... which Eventbrite provides.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

gisela-ge
Listener

This has happened twice to me in 2 years, and usually I can see a pattern as with the dates regarding the registration that have moved across to zoom and the ones that haven't.

I have not been able to fix it despite connecting and disconnecting eventbrite to zoom, changing the zoom meeting from registration required to not required....all this changes were made hoping that with the new reconnection EB would share the entire file again...but no luck..

Let's hope we get an answer here