cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloads of any pakets fail, with no detailed error message

OliverD
Listener

Good morning,

since the introduction of the marketplace I cannot use virtual backgrounds anymore. I have installed the virtual backgrounds app and tried to select a background from the selection displayed left hand in the meeting screen. Next, it tries to download the according packet, which fails with no specific error message/description: Download fehlgeschlagen/Download failed. I am using the German language with the latest version of the client on MAC OS  12.2.1, which has been reinstalled from the scratch. I don't think it matters, but I start Zoom with Firefox 97.0.1.

Has anyone else this problem or a solution? I need this feature urgently for data protection purposes,

Thanks for any kind of assistance in advance

Oliver

10 REPLIES 10

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@OliverD , are you able to load virtual backgrounds without using the Marketplace App?  Click on the '^' by the video camera in the lower left, select 'Choose Virtual Background' and either select one of the defaults or upload a background image of your own.

If this resolves your problem, please click on 'Accept as Solution' below.

OliverD
Listener

colegs,  thank you very much for your reply. I used to use the virtual background since ages, the way you described it. But now it asks me to download the virtual background packet, which fails as described above.

Regards

Oliver

colegs

@OliverD the old VB method was not deactivated.  Are you still able to see it?  Do you get asked to download the application when selecting one of your local VBs?  Can you uninstall/unassociate the application from your Zoom client?

OliverD
Listener

Apparently there have been changes, at least in the MAC version of the client. It doesn't matter whether I try to use Virtual Backgrounds via the app or the traditional way. I have created two screenshots that show the problem.

"Can you uninstall/unassociate the application from your Zoom client?" How can this app be uninstalled?

Regards
Oliver

colegs

@OliverD Thanks for the screenshots.  I am using a Mac and do not have these issues.  Can you please confirm which Virtual Background app you are using so I can see if there is something specific to that app?  Thank you!

OliverD
Listener

as you can see it tries to download "something", which fails - even when I try to use the traditional backgrounds. The App I tried to install was(is "Virtual Backgrounds" which is under "Lifestyle".

colegs

@OliverD I was able to uninstall that and run it without any issues on my Mac.  Can you go into Marketplace and uninstall it to see if you can get back to the old Virtual Backgrounds?  You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the Mac client to see if there is a bad file for some reason.

OliverD
Listener

G'morning, I have removed everything from Zoom from my computer, reinstalled the client. Uninstalled Virtual Backgrounds app in the Marketplace, but the behaviour remains the same as visible in the screenshot. When I select the traditional method for using virtual backgrounds in the client, a package is still supposed to be installed, which fails.

OliverD
Listener

G'morning colegs, too bad the problem could not be solved. But I am  convinced that it has some kind of conflict with the installation on my machine. Since Monday, I have a new MAC installed from scratch, where this problem no longer occurs. I took the opportunity to have a closer look at the Zoom options. I realized that I have only used a small part of the options.

Thanks for your support and all the best.
Oliver

colegs

@OliverD yes, I agree, there seamed to be some issue specific to that machine since I was not able to reproduce the problem duplicating your steps, and we were not getting reports from others.  I am glad it is working on the new machine for you though.  Good luck!