cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not uninstall Zoom apps

Agastya_123
Listener

Hello I cannot uninstall any Zoom Apps, if I click uninstall it says 'Error: Network error'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pieterbotes
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I've looked into this and it seems the easiest way to resolve this would actually be do first reinstall Zoom again over the current installation and then do an uninstall after you have rebooted.  This should resolve that issue.  If it does not, then we will need to do a more manual uninstall, but would like to avoid doing that if we can.

Please install this version over your current installation and then uninstall.

https://zoom.us/download

Download from that URL.  This is the same version as what you currently have but it should repair the installation and then uninstall should work.

Thanks.

Have this answered your question? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

pieterbotes

Hi @Agastya_123 are you on Mac or Windows?

Thanks!

I'm in Windows

pieterbotes

Thanks. Do you know the current version of the Zoom application?

Thanks!

My zoom version is 5.9.1

pieterbotes

I've looked into this and it seems the easiest way to resolve this would actually be do first reinstall Zoom again over the current installation and then do an uninstall after you have rebooted.  This should resolve that issue.  If it does not, then we will need to do a more manual uninstall, but would like to avoid doing that if we can.

Please install this version over your current installation and then uninstall.

https://zoom.us/download

Download from that URL.  This is the same version as what you currently have but it should repair the installation and then uninstall should work.

Thanks.

Have this answered your question? If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution!

Thanks!

It really is unacceptable to have installation of an app as easy as one click with the impression given that installation is just as easy, then to have instructions on a support page that refers to menu items on my Zoom web interface that don't match the support article. There is reference to administrator log in, but as the end user, we should be able to install and uninstall a feature at the same level of membership (if I can install an app as a user then I should be able to uninstall as a user. Zoom is definitely lost its edge in the competitive video conferencing arena. It was good while it lasted.

Yes!!!!!!  EXTREMELY unacceptable that you have to jump through hoops to get something uninstalled from your device!  

Thank you, thank you!

USMC2062
Listener

I had the same issue. I tried everything I could think of. Then I finally figured it out. Just go to the Google Play Stire and search zoom. Then just click on uninstall. 

Thank you so much!!!  Too bad Zoom employee does not know this much!  That worked for me!

PJWallace
Listener

How do I uninstall Zoom Rooms?