cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change to education plan

pakzaban
Listener

I am a university students and used my university email address to sign up for zoom.  However, I have ended up with a basic account, but I understand that I am entitled to an education account with unlimited minutes.  How can I change my account?

2 REPLIES 2

icrew
Attendee

Talk to the IT helpdesk at your university—they’d be best able to help with this.

As background, many universities purchase licenses from Zoom for their students, faculty, and staff, then they hand out those licenses. Zoom themselves does not give out free licenses for educational use. 

Hope that helps,

Ian

DanHuber
Participant

it sounds like you created an individual account with your Education email address. If you did this then your IT dept or Admin of the university Zoom account needs to invite that email address you used. you will get an email asking you to grant permission to move your individual account into the university account. Depending on you university if they have individual licenses you will need to request one with the IT dept. if they have a site license you should automatically get the license.