cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Recording on Cloud

taylorh17
Listener

Hi all --

I'm assisting in a class this semester, and the primary instructor is away on leave for the next five weeks. She set up our class meetings to automatically record/save to the cloud, but they actually save to her cloud, and I'm unable to access them to trim/edit and post to our course BlackBoard page, even though I am an alternative host. Does anyone know of any workarounds for this issue? I hate to bother the primary instructor each week to trim/edit and post when she's on leave!

Thanks in advance!!

3 REPLIES 3

icrew
Attendee

The team that runs Zoom for your school can also access the recordings. I’d ask them for help.

Freddi_G
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello, the recordings should post to Blackboard cloud recording pages automatically, however the edit / trim functions are only available to the host and/or the admin or owners of the account and can only be done through the portal. Remember also that if you allow downloads that users will have access to the full length recording as well.

UoPAdmin
Listener

Just to add, if you have the rights, you can record the session yourself and upload that as the usable abstract.