cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use iPhone on gimbal to lecture while students view both me and my Mac desktop?

ChemBob
Listener

I'm going to be teaching a virtual class, with lecture and slides, via my college. Ideally I would like to broadcast me lecturing and pacing using my iPhone on my gimbal that follows me as I move around. I would like the students to simultaneously be able to view both me and my desktop on my Mac, or open windows on that desktop; this would mostly be PowerPoint, which I can control with a remote. Is this at all possible?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Bob

2 REPLIES 2

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@ChemBob It would be best in this scenario to have your iPhone join as a participant and your Desktop also join as an additional participant. 

This way the students can see you on your Gimbal without issue and see the shared screen from the desktop. 

You may want to spotlight the iPhone participant so that this will always stay as the primary active speaker. 
Reference document on Spotlight: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362653-Spotlighting-participants-videos 

That's very interesting. I suppose with that setup, my iPhone could be on wifi and not need a cable to my Mac. I'll have to play around with this and see if I'm able to make it work. Thanks for the idea!