cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen Share disable Video Panel in Zoom with Mozilla Firefox

StrugglingProf
Listener

Hello,   I just updated my Zoom client to the latest version of Zoom - and it has been a nightmare beginning of term for me as a result.  My uni IT has been helping me to work through several compatibility issues with the Zoom update and MyLearningSpace aka BrightSpace aka Desire2Learn.   However, there is one issue IT has not been able to resolve:

-----When I am in a class (Zoom meeting), if I share my screen (which I always do, because Powerpoint) - my Video Panel disappears.  If I click on the three dots at the bottom toolbar, the option View Video Panel has completely disappeared, as well.  When I stop Screen Sharing, it reappears. 

So it would seem I can show my students slides, or I can see my students, but not both.  This has become a huge problem, because now I have to toggle between screen sharing, and answering their raised hands.  It's eating up class time.  My IT unit has no idea what to do about it. 

Has anyone else run into this?

Have you fixed it?

I do have the latest Firefox. 

Honestly, I wish I hadn't updated, because everything was working perfectly last year.  Now, I'm having a really rough time doing exactly the same things I did last year, because features have stopped working with the update. 😞

Thank you for any help!

2 REPLIES 2

nicpramos
Listener

same problem 😞

Lara001128
Listener

do you log in with your google account?