cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reshowing Amazon Video for a Class

Langbert
Listener

Hello, I have a question to which I'd appreciate someone's responding. I teach a business course to college students, and I wanted to show an excerpt from the video "House of Games," which is on Amazon. When I tried to show the video, the sound came through but the screen didn't. However, when I've shown YouTube material it came through. Has Amazon put a block on rebroadcasting Prime video via Zoom?  If so, is there a way to get them to take it off? Thanks for any info, mlangbert@hvc.rr.com. Mitchell Langbert

3 REPLIES 3

ScottProfe
Attendee

@Langbert  I was going to test this for you, but it tells me that "House of Games" is not available in my area. Sorry.

-- Scott

DanHuber
Participant

that show is protected content HDCP. if you try to show Netflix, amazon prime, HBO, etc it will be black. you are technically rebroadcasting and believe that is prohibited. YouTube on the other hand is different because there is no charge for the content. YouTube does have the ability to pay for movies and shows and I would assume the same thing would happen if you tried to share it. 

ricardo17
Listener

hi i wod like tho join because i want to talk about video games