cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post-Editing Transcript/Closed-Captions: Can co-host correct captions or only the host?

tinamarie03
Listener

Hello, 

We are trying to improve the accuracy of the transcript/Closed-captions for our students at the community college I work at.  We are hoping to find a way that the instructors (hosts) do not need to go in and edit the captions themselves. We have noticed that although DSPS captioners and interpreters can become a cohost, they cannot go in and edit the transcript once class has concluded. It would be great if the instructors could have support from others to go in and edit captions to ensure they are accurate. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you! 

7 REPLIES 7

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @tinamarie03 , I know it has been a while since you initially posted, and I apologize for just now seeing your post! I definitely want to make sure you receive assistance. Are you still having this issue? If so, I'd love to help you get an expert involved. 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi Carla, Thank you kindly for your response. We are still trying to figure out if or how co-hosts are able to edit the auto-generated captions. We understand how to make the corrections as a host, but we hope co-hosts can edit as well. Can you please advise? 

PattyNBS
Listener

I am interested to know if you can edit the closed captions, after a recording has been done. I am using my videos for education and want the captions accurate. The ones auto-generated are good, but have many errors. Can you tell me how to edit them, so I can share the video with the correct closed captions? 

Hi @PattyNBS , you can edit the auto generated captions by following the steps outlined in this support article: Audio transcription for cloud recordings.

Please note,  this feature is currently available only to Business, Education, or Enterprise license with cloud recording enabled. 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Wolliahe
Observer

Can you edit the close captions on the video recording after the recording? It’s pretty good, but really needs editing, especially the anatomical terms. Thank you 

crissyd
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

@Wolliahe Please check this article to learn How to view or edit the audio transcript.

Wolliahe
Observer

Thank you. Can you edit the captioned text that is on the video (vs audio transcript)? Thank you!