cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will zoom deduplicate any registrations when imported?

Lynda18902
Listener

I am doing a csv file import for a zoom webinar and I'm noticing that the number confirmed in Zoom is less than the number on the csv file. I am wondering if Zoom automatically deduplicates or if I need to look further regarding the discrepancy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Lynda18902,

One email address can only be registered once, so I’m not sure which information is saved if you have duplicates – the first or the last occurrence of the email address. But if you do have duplicate email addresses in your CSV file, that’s probably the explanation for the discrepancy. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @Lynda18902,

One email address can only be registered once, so I’m not sure which information is saved if you have duplicates – the first or the last occurrence of the email address. But if you do have duplicate email addresses in your CSV file, that’s probably the explanation for the discrepancy. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Lynda18902
Listener

Thank you for replying, @Ray_Harwood .  You are correct - I also contact Zoom tech support and they confirmed that Zoom will deduplicate for anyone who tries to register more than once or if their information is imported into Zoom. I couldn't find that information in the help files but I'm sure other people may wonder so it's good to get this confirmed. Thanks again.