cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sreen names all the same for event registrants

Ktray
Listener

Registrants all have the same screen name when being admitted to a Zoom meeting,. They all show up withthe  name of one of the meeting registrants., who wasn't on this  run-through today for a 250-person meeting that will take place tomorrow. I'll spare you the details, but it's not as simple as telling everyone after they're admitted to change their screen names. Googling indicates this is a known problem, but I'm not easily finding the resolution.  I saw somewhere that instead of starting the meeting, I should instead open the meeting by joining it through my desktop app. I tested that and it didn't make a difference. I'll be happy to learn the solution. Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

It sounds like meeting link that was given out was meant for one specific user. So, in essence, they all logged in as the same  user. Each user should have been given a unique link.

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @Ktray,

I think @Frank_TB has a point, but let me add some details that might help.

We do see this a lot, but normally is the result of the host creating one single registrant and then sending that registrant’s Join link to everyone, when the host should have sent the registration link to everyone, which will result in every registrant getting their own customized Join link after registering, with that Join link being associated with the name they gave during registration. 

Please review your meeting’s list of registrants to ensure there are an appropriate number of registrations for the number of attendees you are expecting.

You may need to send the registration link out to all of your expected attendees. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !