cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simultaneous meetings/webinars

ISAPoliTO
Listener

I'm a licensed user with an Education account.

I scheduled a webinar and I entered as alternative host a colleague.

My colleague started by himself the webinar, he figured as host and things worked perfectly.

At the same time I needed to start another webinar from my account, but I couldn't! A message advise me that there was another meeting going on...

I read tha it's possible to host up to 2 meetings at the same time...

Thank you!

Isabella

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vescamilla
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello ISAPoliTO,

Although you can have 2 concurrent Meetings, this does not include webinars. There is no concurrency with webinars available unless you are using Zoom Events Conferences. So the behavior experienced is expected behavior. 

Hope this helps!

If this answers your question, please click "Accept solution". Thank you!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @ISAPoliTO, you will need to contact sales about our concurrent meeting add-on at zoom.us/sales. You can also look into the Concurrent meetings KB article here. Hope this helps!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

vescamilla

Hello ISAPoliTO,

Although you can have 2 concurrent Meetings, this does not include webinars. There is no concurrency with webinars available unless you are using Zoom Events Conferences. So the behavior experienced is expected behavior. 

Hope this helps!

If this answers your question, please click "Accept solution". Thank you!

I have a similar question although it does not involve, "concurrent" meetings.  Today during our Zoom Webinar, some of  the attendees were directed to a separate Zoom Meeting for privacy, but for some reason they were receiving the, "Waiting for the host to start the meeting" message.  As I was the person who created the Zoom Meeting, I was asked to go into the meeting as the host and "start the meeting".  However, when I clicked on the link to the Zoom Meeting, I received a similar or the same message informing me that  I would have to leave the current meeting and I was okay with that and clicked on  "Leave Meeting" but when I attempted to join the meeting so I could be the host and allow the others to join, I received the same message they had when attempting to join the separate Zoom meeting, "Waiting for the host to start the meeting".  It was at that time I realized I had been completely logged out of Zoom and in order to join as the host I had to go to the Zoom Login page and re-login.

My question is, if you leave a Zoom Webinar in order to join a Zoom Meeting, is this the norm?  You are automatically logged out of Zoom completely and must log back in in order to host the meeting?  I'm wondering if it was a fluke that I was logged out of Zoom, or if this is the process?  Or, should I first "Leave Meeting" (webinar) and then click on the link for the Zoom Meeting to prevent being logged completely out of Zoom?

Thank you for any information you can provide.

In order to host a meeting you have to log into your account.

If you go into another webinar or meeting you should still be logged into your account, but you need to start the meeting from an account you are logged into. 

I believe the following was not your question but I don't believe it's possible to be in two meetings on the same machine. Sometimes I log in on my desktop in order to share screens easily, which is not so east to do from an iPad.

I am not trying to hos concurrent zoom meetings but to schedule one zoom meeting right after the other. 

VUTHANHTUNG
Listener

VUTHANHTUNG

sebastianDA
Listener

Hi,

I understand that simultaneous meetings can be held in zoom. I use an account with to fully licenced moderators - so we both can use the same account independently. However, every time we have meetings at the same time, one of us gets kicked out. What do I need to do in order for my business partner and myself to use this account independently?

Thanks a lot for the support,

Sebastian 

stevent
Listener

I have set up Schedule Privileges for my colleague. When we both join the same meeting one of us has scheduled, and thus is the host, the second person who joins kicks out the first person, even though we're singed in with our own accounts. This changed when Zoom wouldn't let you sign in from two different devices  with the same account to the same meeting. 
Also: If you can only join two meetings at the same time as a user, you can't join a second meeting if the colleague is also in  meeting. Even if worse: if you assign multiple colleagues Schedule Privileges, only two can open any meeting at the same time. 

It seems that with Schedule Privileges Zoom sees all accounts as one. This makes the Schedule Privilege feature less 
useful.