cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

playing prerecorded video

simonw1
Listener

How can I best try to ensure that prerecorded videos play in sync over zoom?

Often I find the video and audio delays differ so perfectly good video content

appears out of sync.

6 REPLIES 6

GaryB
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

Hi,

The best practice for playing back videos in Zoom webinars and meetings is to use the "Advanced Video share" feature. You can read an article on it here.

The feature allows you to play back video with sound maintaining quality and stability for the viewers. Please note the specific file types that are supported.

Supported files

• MOV or MP4 video file
    Note: Only the H.264 AVC codec for both mov and mp4 videos is supported

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, just let me know.

Gary , Zoom Event Consultant

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @simonw1,

The best way is to use the embedded player in Screen Share.  After clicking the green Share Screen button, click the Advanced tab (between Basic and Files tabs).  Then click the Video box, which should automatically check Share sound and Optimize for video clip in the lower left.  Then click the blue Share button in the lower right:

Ray_Harwood_0-1665664103001.png

At that point, an Open File dialog box will appear and you navigate to where your video is stored.  Once you click Open, the video player window will appear -- note that the video does not immediately play.

Here's a screen shot of the video player (displaying a card crafting video):

Ray_Harwood_2-1665664906597.png

• Click the play icon on the bottom left.
  • See where you are in the video, and how much time is left... numerically, and with a slider bar.
  • Change the volume level by hovering over the speaker symbol on the right.  I find it important to check this in a test run in advance, since you never know how loud the video's audio track was encoded.  Try to set this BEFORE hitting play, so your attendees aren't blasted with loudness, or miss the beginning due to low volume.
  • You can expand the player to full screen with the diagonal double-arrow on the far lower right.  Note that for your attendees, your video will always show at full screen like any other shared window.

If there is still lag between audio and video, make sure that your computer is connected directly to the network with a wired connection -- WiFi introduces so many possible issues, which then prompts the Zoom stream to "adjust".

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

acooper1004
Listener

How do I get the video icon to share videos? I had it at one time & then it disappeared. I have the latest version of zoom and also the latest version of windows. 

Ray_Harwood

If you went through the first paragraph of instructions above, clicking Share Screen and then the Advanced tab, and you do NOT see the Video icon as highlighted above... please send a screen shot of what your Advanced Tab looks like. I don't think I've ever seen where the Video icon is not displayed when using the Windows client.

acooper1004
Listener

acooper1004_0-1667518201492.png

This is what I see when I click share screen

Ray_Harwood

Hmm... interesting. Please review the prerequisites in this document:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360051673592-Sharing-a-recorded-video-with-sound-during-yo...

Specifically:

Ray_Harwood_0-1667524880090.png

I know you said you have the latest versions of Zoom and Windows, but please:

• What version of Zoom Client are you running?  I'm thinking since it's a recent install it should at least be 5.10.x.  The MOST recent is 5.12.3.

• What operating system/version are you running on? 

• What can you tell me about CPU, GPU, etc.?

It's kind of weird... but not the weirdest thing I've seen.  Might have to suggest you create a Support Ticket to get their input.