cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to limit the participants who can join the webminar based on the email that has been registered

webstation
Listener

I'm planning to make a webinar event, my first choice is to choose zoom webminar, but I have some questions that until now I haven't found a solution even after I read the zoom documentation and tried the trial
My problem is:
1. how to limit the participants who can join the webminar based on the email that has been registered in the admin (import CSV)?
2. How can each participant registered in the admin (csv import) get a unique link for each participant? because I've tried the trial and found that the link sent to all participants is the same, and every user who has logged in or has logged in can join the webminar even though the email is not registered as a participant.
3. If the link for all participants is the same, then my first question is very decisive, because I don't want the link given to be shared publicly, and I don't want to do manual approval, because 500 participants is not a small number.
4. How can I make sure that when I finish importing participant data in CSV format, Zoom does not automatically send the webminar link to registered participants?

4 REPLIES 4

The_WebiNerd
Attendee

Hey there. This is all possible. 

Make sure that registration is enabled for the webinar (works the same for meetings). If registration is turned off, all attendees use the same link to join and you cannot restrict access effectively. Registration is required when scheduling or editing the webinar. 

View the webinar Invitations tab and Registration Settings, edit. Confirm that you have the following settings:

Automatically Approve: ON (you're uploading a CSV, so you don't need to share the registration link with anyone - no one else can be registered)

Allow attendees to join from multiple devices: OFF (prevents people from sharing the link to join)

Hope that helps!

***Helping individuals and organizations gain success in their virtual and hybrid events. https://thewebinerd.com***

i have tried your suggestions but as i mentioned on 2nd poin, I've tried the trial and found that the link sent to all participants is the same, and every user who has logged in or has logged in can join the webminar even though the email is not registered as a participant.

for 4th Q, yes it solved, thank you so much 

The_WebiNerd
Attendee

Oh, to your 4th question, there is a tick box you will need to uncheck to avoid sending the invitations from Zoom at upload of the CSV. 

***Helping individuals and organizations gain success in their virtual and hybrid events. https://thewebinerd.com***

ISAPoliTO
Listener

Hi,

when you create a webinar with registration required:

- automatically the pubblic link for viewing the webinar is a link that shows the registration form. Everyone who tries to access the webinar with this link is obliged to register. If you don't want this link is used by someone that is not in your list you can set the option for the manual approval  so without your ok no one will be able to access

- in my experience the link that people receive after the registration (or, in your case, after the CSV list uploading) is a personal link. Everyone receives a different link, it's not the same...

Isabella