cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom webinar speaker view for attendees

JosephNg
Listener

Hi,

I just had a webinar session.  I had 4-5 panellists in the session so I expect our attendees to see as if the "Active Speaker View" in the zoom meeting such that The Active Speaker in the biggest window with smaller windows of other speakers on the top.  So I set the Attendees View as Speaker View.

But when I cross checked my attendees login from my iPad and Mac, the Speaker View only show the single speaker in the whole screen.

Did I set it up wrongly?  I could not find any clue.

Edit: Quoting Managing attendees and panelists in a webinar - Attendee view controls 

• Speaker: Speaker view switches between the active speakers in the webinar, with other video panelists above the active speaker when not speaking. 
7 REPLIES 7

Alex_PFT
Participant | Zoom Partner

Hi,

In the top right corner under ''View'' drop down menu, the host can decide the view he will see, and the participants view:

Alex_PFT_0-1647528178013.png

Alex

zoom@pft

Sorry unfortunately not... I am not talking about Gallery view...

Alex_PFT

I am not talking about gallery view in particular either. I'm just showing that you can choose between 3 different views for the participants, you choose what you want them to see between Follow host, Speaker and Gallery, and that is what they will see.

If speaker view is selected, the participants should see as you do:

• Speaker: Speaker view switches between the active speakers in the webinar, with other video panelists above the active speaker when not speaking. 

Managing attendees and panelists in a webinar – Zoom Support

The view could have been a little bit different if you tried to connect with an iPad.

Alex

zoom@pft

Alex,

Thx for following up with me.  I just checked with other attendees who used PC based zoom app.  They also saw the same single speaker view...

would be good to have an answer to this as I'm abut to start a webinar...

Alex_PFT

Speaker view should be the person talking in a large window and all other panelists with camera open on top in smaller windows:

Alex_PFT_0-1680698166754.png

Elisavetmam
Listener

Hello
the view you attached can be displayed only by a panelist.

The attendee cannot have the view option. It is either the active speaker or gallery.

Unless there is an option somewhere for the attendee to set the view.