cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Webinar Recording

swhisonant
Listener

Hi everyone,

I recorded a Zoom webinar yesterday and tried to save it locally to my external hard drive.  The folder is empty!  Is there a way to go back and find it on Zoom so that I can save it to my hard drive?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @swhisonant ! Can you confirm the location of the recording:

To check where the recording folder was created, please follow the steps:

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. Click the settings icon
  3. Click Recording
    The path listed within the Store my recordings at field is where your local recordings are saved.
    Note: If the path listed is not physically located on your device where you perform the local recording at (for example your network drive), it will cause quality issues with your recording.

If for some reason, the recording cannot be found on the path listed within the Zoom desktop client, you may confirm the local recording file location by following these steps:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal
  2. Click Recordings then Local Recordings
    You can locate the specific meeting or webinar ID and confirm the exact location of the local recording files listed under Location.

After you confirm the location, you will need to convert the recording manually by double-clicking on file double_click_to_convert_01.zoom.

Keep me posted!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @swhinsonant, welcome to the Zoom community! I would suggest reviewing this article on how to locate your local recording. If  after reviewing this article you are still unable to find your recording please let me know. I can assist further.

Referenced article: Finding and viewing your local recording 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

Hi Carla!  Unfortunately, I still cannot find it.  Are you able to assist further?  I don't want to have to re-record this entire class if I don't have to and I have my fingers crossed that the recording exists *somewhere*.

Thank you!

Hi @swhisonant ! Can you confirm the location of the recording:

To check where the recording folder was created, please follow the steps:

2. Click the settings icon
  3. Click Recording
    The path listed within the Store my recordings at field is where your local recordings are saved.
    Note: If the path listed is not physically located on your device where you perform the local recording at (for example your network drive), it will cause quality issues with your recording.

If for some reason, the recording cannot be found on the path listed within the Zoom desktop client, you may confirm the local recording file location by following these steps:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal
  2. Click Recordings then Local Recordings
    You can locate the specific meeting or webinar ID and confirm the exact location of the local recording files listed under Location.

After you confirm the location, you will need to convert the recording manually by double-clicking on file double_click_to_convert_01.zoom.

Keep me posted!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

I have reviewed the suggested article.  I have uninstalled Zoom from Windows 10 and reinstalled it.  Local Recording is working but I cannot change the default file location for the recordings.    The following instruction from the article does not work because under Recordings-Local Recording there is no option for file location.

How to view or change the default file location for local recordings

You can find your default recording location for local recordings in your Zoom client settings

2. Click your profile picture then click Settings.
  3. Click 

Recording.
  4. Click one of these options beside Local Recording:
    • Click Open to open the folder where your local recordings are stored.
    • Click Change to change the default recording location for your local recordings.

swhisonant
Listener

OMG that worked!  Thank you so much!

Very happy to hear that @swhisonant ! If you dont mind, could you please click Accept as Solution on my previous reply so that others with a similar question can easily find your post and solution? Thank you! 

Carla,

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team

swhisonant
Listener

Done!  I hope this solution helps someone else as much as it helped me.  Have a great day!