cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Webinar - Not sending Follow-Up Email to Attendees/Absentees

Catoz
Listener

Hi there, 

Here's the situation I find myself in with Zoom Webinar.

In the Email Settings of the Webinar, I configured the Follow-up Email to Attendees/Absentees settings to say "Send 6 days after the scheduled end date" after the webinar had concluded. The 6 days option would have landed it on the day I configured it, meaning the follow up email was meant to go out that day. 

I've been notified that the follow up email has not gone out to registrants. I tried looking on Zoom Support and found these instructions below. However, whenever I log into Zoom Events per the instructions,  it says I have no previous events at all. 

As a side note: I purchased the one-month Zoom Webinar add-on, as opposed to a monthly subscription. I'm unsure if this has anything to do with my current situation. 

I tried to find the solution on Zoom Support. These are the instructions I found:  https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4403108424973-Sending-an-event-wide-message-in-Zoom-Events

Specifically these instructions: 

To send an event-wide message to all registrants after an event has ended:

1. Sign in to Zoom Events.
  2. In the top-right corner of the page, click Manage.
  3. In the navigation menu, click Events.
  4. Click the Past tab.
  5. Find the event that you want to send a message, then click the ellipses to the right of that event.
  6. Click Send Post-Event Message to Registrants.
    Note: This option will not appear in the menu again after you send an event-wide message to all registrants after the event has ended.
  7. In the Message to your registrants box, write your message to the event's registrants.
  8. Click Send.

Can you help me understand the following: 

1. Why the post webinar follow up email did not go out to registrants? Was I actually supposed to configure these before the webinar?
  2. Why is it that when I log into Zoom Events, it says I have no previous events, when I actually just hosted a Zoom webinar at the end of October? 
  3. If numbers one and two aren't the solution, how can I message all webinar recipients and send them the contents of the follow up email? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vescamilla
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello Catoz,

Thank you for your questions!

1. It is best to configure follow-up emails before you host the webinar. The email is triggered based on the time frame selected (6 days), and it will go out at the same time the webinar was scheduled to begin. For example, if you scheduled the webinar for today at 1 PM and choose to send the follow-up email one day after the scheduled end date, the follow-up email will be sent at approximately 1 PM tomorrow.

So it's possible you missed that time frame when you set it to 6 days. You were ok on the day, but the time had already passed.

2. You would only have previous events listed there if you have a Zoom Events license and scheduled the webinar through the Events portal. Given you have the Webinar license, which is within the regular Zoom web portal, your webinar should be listed in Webinars > Previous Webinars.

3. For this particular webinar, since you may have missed the time window, you would need to send the email manually through whatever email client/service you use. You can generate an attendee report and sort by who attended and didn't. 

I hope this helps! Please remember to click "Accept as Solution" if this answers your questions. Thank you!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

vescamilla

Hello Catoz,

Thank you for your questions!

1. It is best to configure follow-up emails before you host the webinar. The email is triggered based on the time frame selected (6 days), and it will go out at the same time the webinar was scheduled to begin. For example, if you scheduled the webinar for today at 1 PM and choose to send the follow-up email one day after the scheduled end date, the follow-up email will be sent at approximately 1 PM tomorrow.

So it's possible you missed that time frame when you set it to 6 days. You were ok on the day, but the time had already passed.

2. You would only have previous events listed there if you have a Zoom Events license and scheduled the webinar through the Events portal. Given you have the Webinar license, which is within the regular Zoom web portal, your webinar should be listed in Webinars > Previous Webinars.

3. For this particular webinar, since you may have missed the time window, you would need to send the email manually through whatever email client/service you use. You can generate an attendee report and sort by who attended and didn't. 

I hope this helps! Please remember to click "Accept as Solution" if this answers your questions. Thank you!