cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Meeting - 2 x Parallel live surgeries to broadcast simultaneously

alolliot
Listener

Hello, 

I am organising a medical workshop. I wish to broadcast 2 x live surgeries using laparoscopic stations that will be connected to 2 laptops with zoom access.  I want my virtual audience to be able to view both surgeries live and switch on or off the audio of the desired surgery. Is it possible in Zoom?

Is it possible to create 1 zoom meeting id and broadcast the 2 surgeries at the same time?

Thanks for your help and guidance.

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DanaCSM
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hey Alex,

happy to have a think with you here!

So what I would recommend in this case is to use our Language Interpretation Feature within a Meeting. (Hear me out here 🤔)

1.  Within the WebPortal (where you have access to your Profile, Meetings, Settings etc) you have the ability to add CUSTOM languages to the Language Interpretation feature which you could for instance name Operating Room 1 and Operating Room 2. For this go to the WebPortal and access your Settings.

2. You go to set up a Meeting within the WebPortal from the Meeting Tab and at the end of the scheduling page you can add language interpreters to the meeting (which in this case would be OR 1 and OR 2). Here, you will need to add 2 separate email addresses (one for each laptop that you'd like to dial in from surgery) and click on "Save".

3. Both emails will receive a unique link, with which they can join the meeting you have scheduled. It's very important that they join the meeting with their own link as that will ensure the interpretation is set up correctly.

4. Once you are in the meeting, you will see an Interpretation Globe appearing in your lower menu of your Meeting window. From here, you can start the interpretation session in which you will see the Main Language of the meeting and the custom languages (in this case OR1 and OR2) .

5. Now that it's enabled, participants will be able to see the Interpretation Globe on their lower menu as well and select which Audio they would like to hear (OR1 or OR2).

6. I would also recommend that the host of the Meeting Spotlights  both surgeries for all meeting participants so that they can see both video feeds at the same time. 

Finally, I would definitely recommend testing this first and forwarding your participants the instructions on how to turn on Language Interpretation before the meeting, adding this in the Meeting Description while scheduling the meeting, or mentioning it at the beginning of the meeting.

I hope this helps! Thank you for reading and kindly mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed. 😃

Best regards,

Dana

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

DanaCSM

Hey Alex,

happy to have a think with you here!

So what I would recommend in this case is to use our Language Interpretation Feature within a Meeting. (Hear me out here 🤔)

1.  Within the WebPortal (where you have access to your Profile, Meetings, Settings etc) you have the ability to add CUSTOM languages to the Language Interpretation feature which you could for instance name Operating Room 1 and Operating Room 2. For this go to the WebPortal and access your Settings.

2. You go to set up a Meeting within the WebPortal from the Meeting Tab and at the end of the scheduling page you can add language interpreters to the meeting (which in this case would be OR 1 and OR 2). Here, you will need to add 2 separate email addresses (one for each laptop that you'd like to dial in from surgery) and click on "Save".

3. Both emails will receive a unique link, with which they can join the meeting you have scheduled. It's very important that they join the meeting with their own link as that will ensure the interpretation is set up correctly.

4. Once you are in the meeting, you will see an Interpretation Globe appearing in your lower menu of your Meeting window. From here, you can start the interpretation session in which you will see the Main Language of the meeting and the custom languages (in this case OR1 and OR2) .

5. Now that it's enabled, participants will be able to see the Interpretation Globe on their lower menu as well and select which Audio they would like to hear (OR1 or OR2).

6. I would also recommend that the host of the Meeting Spotlights  both surgeries for all meeting participants so that they can see both video feeds at the same time. 

Finally, I would definitely recommend testing this first and forwarding your participants the instructions on how to turn on Language Interpretation before the meeting, adding this in the Meeting Description while scheduling the meeting, or mentioning it at the beginning of the meeting.

I hope this helps! Thank you for reading and kindly mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed. 😃

Best regards,

Dana

Thank you so much. You are brilliant!