cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Events webinar - improve experience for event registrations

kellybaynes
Listener

Hi,

We are running a single webinar using Zoom Events. I did not realise that registrants must have a zoom account to register for the webinar. Even with email access, the registration process  (with a verfication code) is cumbersome on potential attendees.

What solutions exist to ease up the registration process?

Is it possible to integrate with another platform (Eventbrite etc)?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mgstark
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@kellybaynes thanks for posting the question.

As you mentioned there are options to use either a Zoom Account or an email address to register for the event. If you are hosting a public event many customers offer both options - this way the user can decide which is best for them.

With the email address registration there is security in place to ensure the user verifies with code, this is important to ensure they are putting in a valid email.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ohkawa
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello, @kellybaynes 

You can enable or disable the option to allow users without a Zoom account to access and join a public Zoom Event by using their email addresses. 

Managing the Tickets and Registration tab – Zoom Support

Also, if you don't charge a ticket fee, you can hold a webinar instead of an event.

mgstark

@kellybaynes thanks for posting the question.

As you mentioned there are options to use either a Zoom Account or an email address to register for the event. If you are hosting a public event many customers offer both options - this way the user can decide which is best for them.

With the email address registration there is security in place to ensure the user verifies with code, this is important to ensure they are putting in a valid email.

Can you tell me how to set up the email address only to register.  We are trying to have a webinar and it wants all of my participants to have a zoom account.  I have had over 130 people click on my link to register and then not register because they don't want to sign up for a zoom account. 

I had the same issue. Within Event Access you have to check 'Allow user to register via Email One-Time Password (Email OTP)'

Voklst
Listener

Just like any Retail shop You need a Username and a Password to

1) be a member & 2) partake just like facebook or any Social Media, just like Amazon, Walmart, etc, etc.

I have over 350 usernames & passwords, I shop alot online. I really dont see what the complaint, unless they do not want to partake with what you want to zoom about???