cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Events - countries/regions from where you can register

jonathanscott
Listener

For free Zoom Events, Zoom says you register from any country in the world apart from about 4, namely North Korea, Cuba, Iraq,  Syria. For paid Zoom Events, the list of countries you can register from is quite limited, including only 12 out of the 44 countries in Europe (my main market). 

Am i correct in assuming that this restriction is because of the agreements struck with Zoom's payment providers - Stripe and PayPal - and if so, is a workaround to sell admission tickets off the Zoom platform and then upload and register customers for free on Zoom? Or will those free registrants still be restricted from access?

Thanks for all help on this.

3 REPLIES 3

Gordy
Listener

I have this same question. Did you get a resolution Jonathan?

For my customers who wanted to register from outside Zoom's supported countries, i sold tickets off the zoom platform and then uploaded them to Zoom, making sure that i didn't require them to register on the zoom site. That way the geo-restrictions don't apply.

jonathanscott
Listener

For my customers who wanted to register from outside Zoom's supported countries, i sold tickets off the zoom platform and then uploaded them to Zoom, making sure that i didn't require them to register on the zoom site. That way the geo-restrictions don't apply.