cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom 5.7.7 Unresponsive State

kharzoom
Listener

Zoom updated to 5.7.7 yesterday.

When running a Webinar the program went into an unresponsive state.

We had to reboot twice during our 3 hour meeting.

Anyone else experiencing issues.

I looked for the Zoom log but discovered it wasn't under the C:\user appdata profile.

9 REPLIES 9

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @kharzoom 

Version 5.7.8 just got released, containing some bug fixes. I would suggest updating to that.

If you are on a 64-bit Windows machine, I would also recommend ensuring you are running the 64-bit version of Zoom:

https://zoom.us/client/5.7.8.1247/ZoomInstaller.exe?archType=x64

Hope this helps.

Rupert

JDB
Listener

Did you try 5.7.8? If so, did it resolve your issue?

There are a number of posts in the community regarding unresponsive clients. It appears to have started with 5.7.5

I have witnessed the issue with 5.7.6 and 5.7.7

kharzoom
Listener

Hello Zoom Community,

5.7.8 update was applied and we still experienced the non-responsive state issue.

We also ensured that we applied the latest Windows 10 updates.

I went ahead and replaced the laptop with the exact same model laptop.

We have not experienced the issue yet.

I suspect it's a conflict with either the Zoom Client or Windows update.

Could possibly be an Office 2019 conflict as one user reported the issue occurred after opening a PowerPoint presentation.

If you have the means to do so, I would recommend you wipe and reload your unit to see if that resolves the issue.

This would eliminate that there is a hardware issue; bad mem, drive, motherboard, video card, etc.

Kevin

JDB
Listener

Thank you for the update regarding 5.7.8. When this first happened for me it was with 5.7.6. My organization replaced my laptop (clean wipe) and when I got the replacement back, it had 5.7.7 loaded. I've encountered the same issue with the replacement (same make/model and 5.7.7). Another user in another thread noted that it was when they were recording to the cloud, the Host and doing Live Transcription. This has been when I've noticed the issue as well. I'm not certain this is the specific scenario but wanted to share.

I have opened a ticket but I have gotten no reply yet. I am considering downgrading to 5.6.5.

BTW, has anyone heard of the issue impacting MACs?

UPDATE: I've not seen this mentioned anywhere but, for me, this issue does not present immediately. The times that it has happened it seems to take about an hour into the event to present and then 25-30 minutes after to present again. I was just in a meeting with the same settings but the meeting only lasted 40 minutes and the issue did not present.

I see this problem has been around a while. I am having a similar issue on a MAC with 5.14.10. I sent a ticket in and they thought it was from being signed in online with a different ID than the one I was using on my laptop, but that is clearly not the case. I get an unresponsive Zoom program when signing in or trying to schedule or start a meeting either online or on my laptop (MacBook Pro 2019 running Monterey--it doesn't matter whether I use Safari or Chrome). I can only get Zoom to work if I first reboot. Extremely annoying. Anyone have any updates?

Just found another post that said unplugging a webcam and then plugging it back it solved the problem. I just tried it and it seemed to work! I am not counting my chickens yet until I see that it works long-term.

kharzoom
Listener

In regards to the issue not being immediately present, yes.  It usually took about 45-60 minutes for Zoom to become non-responsive.

JDB
Listener

So I updated to 5.8.0 before my Board meeting last night and I am happy to report that I did not encounter any issues. I was connected for almost five hours with no freezing. I still plan to conduct further testing but this is a promising start.

kharzoom
Listener

That is great news.  Thank you for reporting back.