cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube Stream goes to a new URL

theguywhosews
Listener

Hi. I have set up my Live Streaming to go to Youtube. I enter the Stream URLStream key & Live streaming page URL. It goes live on Youtube without issue but it always goes to a new URL. Any idea why it does that? Im copying and pasting the info from Youtube Studio so not sure why its going to a totally new URL. Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

For most streaming services there are two starting points. One is to set up an event for the future, and you’ll get a set of keys to start that event which you must use. The other is the ad hoc/spontaneous “I just want to start a live stream now”, which gives you a different set it keys which are not tied to a specific event.

My guess is that you set up an event, but did not use the keys associated with that event. 

It has been a while since I used a scheduled event to livestream to… at the time, if I started a practice stream, it “used up” my scheduled stream key pair, and I could not restart with the original keys. So I pretty much stay away from scheduled streams now.

Hope that helps. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

lauralcee
Listener

@theguywhosews wrote:

Hi. I have set up my Live Streaming to go to Youtube. I enter the Stream URLStream key & Live streaming page URL. It goes live on Youtube without issue but it always goes to a new URL. Any idea why it does that? Im copying and pasting the info from Youtube Studio so not sure why its going to a totally new URL. Any help would be appreciated.

I normally use OBS to go for live but after seeing your post i try zoom for very 1st time, Yep it change the url 1st but then i restart it again copy-paste the keys and always use notepad 1st to paste keys and then copy from notepad and then paste to zoom sometime there is extra space create problem too.