cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When MOBILE DEVICE users will become able to access Zoom Events in its entirety?

IzidoroHF
Listener

Hello there!

We purchased the license of Zoom Events expecting to have all its functionality available for mobile device users. Everywhere we've seen that mobile users would be able to access the event. When we started our event and mobile users weren't able to access it, we asked support for help and they came with a different explanation each time (e.g.: only after event start mobile users would be able to access lobby, mobile users needed the latest version of zoom, etc.). At last when we finally asked directly if mobile users could join the lobby, we received a positive answer from support saying that mobile users can access the event without issues.

However our mobile users continued to be unable to join, unless a session was live (and only abe to watch the live session, nothing more). And today, while waiting for a long time for live support, I found someone having the same issue on this forum ( https://community.zoom.com/t5/Events-and-Webinars/Accessing-a-Zoom-conference-lobby-using-mobile-or-... ), and there a community champion (which I believe isn't even a Zoom employee), after saying that mobile users should have full access, did a research and came back saying that indeed mobile device users can only access live sessions while they are live, everything else can only be accessed using the Zoom Desktop app.

We can postpone our event for a bit, but I need to be sure if Zoom Events will update in time for Mobile Users to be able to access every feature of the Event. Is there any timetable for when Zoom Events will allow full access of all its functionalities for Mobile Device Users?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

IzidoroHF
Listener

We were very disappointed with the lack of functionality to access the ZOOM EVENTOS lobby from cell phones. We organized a health congress and had to postpone it, causing damage to our customers. That explained, I need the deadline for repairing the aforementioned functionality or returning our subscription for the last two months.

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

@IzidoroHF --

Lack of functionality on phones and tablets is a definite limitation of the Zoom Events platform.  I too also shut down a Zoom Event and converted all access directly to a Zoom Meeting when I discovered the depth of this issue.  Fortunately for me I only had about 100 users, most of whom were relieved when we simplified everyone's access with one commonly-used Zoom Meeting.

We're volunteers here in the Zoom Community and don’t have access to account information or ability to make changes or credits to accounts. You should submit your refund request directly to Zoom staff via to a Support Ticket at:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new 

One thing to note: The Zoom Events license at the 500 attendee level is only $20/month more than the same Webinar-only license. If you're hoping to use Zoom Events in the future, I consider it a wise investment to keep at least one Zoom Event license active in your organization and continue to familiarize yourself with it, and apply it where appropriate.

I'd like to invite you to join Denise Lahat’s ( @DeniseLahat ) Facebook group for Zoom Events producers. See her posts about the regular meetings where we test out features most Tuesdays in an actual Zoom Event. https://www.facebook.com/groups/zoomeventpros 
Join there and post some questions, and you’ll get plenty of help, and also hopefully get some faster news and clues about upcoming new and "fixed" features.  Zoom Events has promise, but I've highlighted basic issues to Zoom Events staff about this and a few other "show stopper" issues.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Ray_Harwood

I mentioned "show-stoppers" (in my earlier post below) for Zoom Events, and you highlighted another one: Ineffective support and often incorrect (bordering on disastrous) answers from what to me seems like an ill-prepared Tier 1 Help Desk. Zoom Events Support Services does a great job... but the service should be usable as-is across all devices, and those of us attempting to use the service should get good, effective answers when we query the help desk.

Words matter.  I complained that after exporting and re-importing the conference schedule, multiple meetings were showing up in my personal Zoom Client for each session scheduled.  Zoom Support recommended I delete the events and re-enter them -- clearly not understanding that THE EVENT should not have to be deleted, and their recommendation -- however ridiculous -- should have been to delete the SESSIONS and re-enter them.

I have talked with other Zoom Event subscribers that have had successful Zoom Conferences, but with a general class of attendee that was desktop (Windows and Mac) based.  One boasted of a 20,000 attendee event with only 65 help desk calls -- but with a well-prepared attendee registration process that left no doubt that a phone or tablet would not be functionally able to participate.  Unfortunately, as you've seen, the documentation is not that clear.

frankburke003
Listener

Hello,

You will not be able to host zoom webinars and zoom events from the portal at the same time using the same license. What is the maximum zoom capability?

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @frankburke003,

I'm not sure I understand your question... or questions.

So inside of a Zoom Event, you can schedule concurrent meetings and webinars, all from the one Zoom Events Host account.  But you are correct... Zoom should not let you have a session of any type open in a Zoom Event AND a stand-alone Zoom Webinar active at the same time.

By "Maximum Zoom Capability", are you asking what is the maximum capacity of a Zoom event?  Zoom Event's are licensed by maximum ticketed user capacities, starting at 500,   See this page for Zoom Webinar licensing price on the left and Zoom Events pricing on the right, with a slider bar at the top for license attendance limits.  Also note the slider switch to select monthly vs annual pricing.

https://zoom.us/pricing/events