cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar registration - from Zoom and LinkedIn

AviM
Listener

Hi,

My company plans to hold a webinar in a few weeks' time. 

Our two main sources of registration is via our website and through LinkedIn events.

We'd like to open a registration for people who visit our webiste (we'd like to have their emails and phone numbers) and yet, we'd like to keep the event open for unregistrants as people who register on LinkedIn will be able to attend the webinar using a link.

What is the best way to go about it?

Thanks

@webinar

8 REPLIES 8

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @AviM.

If I understand correctly, you want some people to register, but others to simply use the Join URL to enter the Webinar?

Generally speaking, registration is either required, or not enabled. Is there a reason LinkedIn people won’t be given the registration link?  I’d recommend putting the registration link on all web pages and social media sites, and not putting the direct link anywhere. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

JeanN
Listener

Funny - I'm just contemplating this too.  Would love to know what solution you come up with. 

We want to register everyone, but sending people from a  LinkedIn event page to the Zoom registration means they have to register twice (once on LinkedIn to get access to the Zoom registration link, and then after clicking the Zoom link they have to register to get the actual meeting link) and I'd like to avoid that.  I believe LinkedIn Events has a Zoom plug in - or the other way around? - but figuring it out and getting the two other people in IT & Marketing who handle the Zoom admin & LinkedIn account admin to set it up sounds like a headache and potential for disaster.

Ray_Harwood

Another alternative – if you really want to use the LinkedIn Event feature – is to live stream to LinkedIn. See this LinkedIn article for details:

https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/a523091

To only rely on Zoom registration, make a Post on LinkedIn with the registration link included – don’t make a LinkedIn Event. 

Thanks Ray, unfortunately one can't capture information for livestream viewers.  So for example, if expending $ on LinkedIn Ads, you'll get views, but not much by way of lead collection. 

We've tried direct to Zoom registration on posts, (and might just keep doing this) but LinkedIn Events offers some pre-communication options that are useful. For eg. we can connect with speaker & registered guest's networks that we wouldn't otherwise have access to; and we can put all the speaker confirmations & other updates on the LinkedIn Event page without spamming invitees via email, or repetitious posts to our LinkedIn followers who aren't interested in the event. 

Ray_Harwood

I don’t have a paid LinkedIn subscription yet – but have been contemplating it. I’ve been thinking of hosting a few Webinars on advanced use of Zoom for businesses, as a funnel to some courseware I’m developing. 

Maybe I’ll try setting up a Webinar, “Exploring Zoom Webinars From LinkedIn” and use that to explore.  Maybe I can find a way to merge LinkedIn registrations into the Zoom registrations. Might be possible with both LinkedIn and Zoom APIs. 

Hi,

I actually talked to a Zoom rep and asked him/her if I select the "must register" now but then change the webinar settings to "access with link"?

The surprising answer was yes.

So that's what I plan to do. Start collecting registrants but on the day of the actual webinar change the settings to everyone who has the link. 

It's not perfect but it does maximize the number of attendees.

Thanks for the update!  Keep us posted on how that works out.  Good luck!

I'm having the same issues with my webinars, and I'd love to hear how this worked out for you? that would be the perfect solution to just turn it 'off' on the day of so people can join without registering again.