cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar registration, double opt-in

Sipar
Listener

Hi dear community,

we here in the EU have to ask during the webinar registration for a double opt-in. 

Process: 

The user fills out the registration form.

Then Zoom should send an email to the user, asking him/her to confirm the email

Then Zoom should send the email with the participation link to the user.

Do you know where I can find this double opt-in option ?

4 REPLIES 4

Jing
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Sipar

Good day.

Please find this article to find the way of how to control your registration email.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360054446052

I also want to share the example of my test account for the registration, since if you have the same pop-up message, you need to [Turn On Confirmation Email] by clicking the button.

Hope it can help.

Jing_1-1671438301943.png

Jing

wnmz
Listener

Hi Jing,

this is a rather old thread, but we have the same question as Sipar:

Is there a way to send a "real" Double-Optin-eMail to a webinar registrant?

The "confirmation email" you mention is not a Double Optin Mail - it's just a confirmation that someone is registered as a webinar attendant. What we need is an eMail with a confirmation link to authentificate the eMail address used for the registration - otherwise everyone can register arbitrary eMail addresses for any webinar. As we use the entered eMail addresses for marketing purposes, it's legally required to have this Double Optin (we're based in the EU).

Is there a way to achieve this, or plans for Zoom to implement that soon?

Jing

Hi wnmz

This webinar option may be one solution to you. 

Jing_0-1701918151638.png

Regards,

Jing

Sipar
Listener

Hi Jing,

thank you for your answer. But this is not the solution.

The registrant has to prove that he/she is the one who has filled out the registation form. That's why we here in the EU have to send an email with a confirmation link to the email from the registration form. Then the "true" registrant has to click the link. So he/she improves that she is indeed this registrant. And we have to save the time and date stamp of the double opt in.

I don´t understand why Zoom up to now does not offer this DSGVO feature. The EU community is big.

Best regards

Silvia