cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar recording quality

Mari10
Listener

Hi everyone,

our company is on a Pro plan + 1000 Webinar extension.

In October 2022 we recorded a webinar and the video resolution is Full HD 1920 x 1080p.

In December 2022 we recorded the next webinar (same account) and the resolution is only 640p x 360p.

Did anyone experience something similar? Was there a change to the T&C that I am not aware of??

We did not change our plan at any point.

Any hints and thoughts appreciated! TIA!

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @Mari10.

Have you reviewed this document and compared the various requirements and situations to yours?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/207347086-Using-Group-HD-video

I don't think there has been a change since early August 2022.

There are settings in the Webinar setup pertaining to use of HD.  You might check to see if those were set properly.

Ray_Harwood_0-1676681103188.png

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Mari10
Listener

Hi @Ray_Harwood , thanks so much for these hints.

What I am trying to understand is how it is possible that until October 2022 my webinars were per default recorded in Full HD and now they are recorded in 640p only. 

We have had a Pro plan from the beggining.

Thanks,

Marion

Ray_Harwood

Things change, and I don’t have access to your account to check your settings. Pro accounts can request upgrade to HD at 720 – not FHD at 1080, which requires Business accounts. 

You’ll need to read through the Using Group HD document referenced above to check your settings. But also  review the circumstances mentioned there for when HD is transmitted.

Note that Screen Sharing is always transmitted at the native resolution of the presenter. The Group HD Settings only apply to camera video, and generally requires that someone be watching Speaker View at full screen. If everyone is in Gallery View with 25 or more active videos, it’ll likely be much less, since each video generally only needs to be 360 or less. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !