cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar practice session link and actual webinar link - are they the same link?

markspat
Listener

Quick question:

Does anyone know if the practice session webinar and the actual webinar registration links are the same link, or are they different links?

@ links to members, practice session webinar vs. actual

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

JacksonDee
Listener

I've never seen a separate link for a practice session and the broadcast. When you (host) are ready for the webinar prep session, you'll hit "start practice session." When a panelist enters webinar using the generated link, they will be in a practice session if it was established when the webinar was set up. When you decide to conclude the practice session (which can be accessed numerous times before the live event), and begin the broadcast, you will click "start webinar." The panelist and participant links are different. Does this help?  Using Webinar practice session – Zoom Support

View solution in original post

mgstark
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@JacksonDee is correct, when you add the panelists they will click a link to join that is automatically sent to them directly and they can access practice session/webinar.

Then you could have all your attendees register from a single registration page .etc and when it comes time to join they will not see practice session because they don’t have that access.

So from an organizer perspective you just need to ensure you add the panelists and alt hosts when setting up the Webinar. The access to the practice session is defined in setup.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JacksonDee
Listener

I've never seen a separate link for a practice session and the broadcast. When you (host) are ready for the webinar prep session, you'll hit "start practice session." When a panelist enters webinar using the generated link, they will be in a practice session if it was established when the webinar was set up. When you decide to conclude the practice session (which can be accessed numerous times before the live event), and begin the broadcast, you will click "start webinar." The panelist and participant links are different. Does this help?  Using Webinar practice session – Zoom Support

mgstark

@JacksonDee is correct, when you add the panelists they will click a link to join that is automatically sent to them directly and they can access practice session/webinar.

Then you could have all your attendees register from a single registration page .etc and when it comes time to join they will not see practice session because they don’t have that access.

So from an organizer perspective you just need to ensure you add the panelists and alt hosts when setting up the Webinar. The access to the practice session is defined in setup.

I am using my own custom email confirmation instead of Zoom's. I want to pre-load the link as the email is part of an automation. Confirming I can use the practice session link to populate the registration email and that is that link becomes the live webinar link?

JacksonDee
Listener

Yes, if you follow the guidelines listed above. The links are not separate. Participants do not have the same access as panelists.