cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar panelist couldn't unmute

JPH
Listener

First go at Webinar, and 2 of 3 panelists no problem. Third had video but no audio and neither he nor I could unmute him. When clicked "Ask to unmute" nothing happened. Problem panelist was in Dubai fwiw, but don't see how he could have had video without audio if the ISP was an issue. My guess is he had a setting wrong on his hardware, but he swears he'd been doing multiple Zooms from that location without problems (although I'm assuming they were Meetings, not Webinars). Thoughts anyone?

JP 

2 REPLIES 2

MamaTaylor
Listener

@JPH, this has been happening to me as a host and participant (for meetings and webinars, it doesn't matter). The only fix I've found is if the person having an issue clicks the arrow next to their Audio microphone at the bottom left of the page, the Audio Settings box will pop up, and without doing anything, the individual will be unmuted. This isn't ideal and obviously a bug. I just now put a message about this in here under a different post. Hopefully Zoom can figure out why this is happening to some people and how to fix it. 

JPH
Listener

Thanks!