cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar Q&A: Participants are unable to see all answered questions only

bnsalas
Listener

When I created a webinar, I changed the Q&A setting to allow attendees to view answered questions only. Participants do have both "All questions" and "My questions" tabs, but they don't see answered questions from other participants. Is this expected? Should I have chosen to allow attendees to view all questions even if the hosts haven't answered them yet?

10 REPLIES 10

tobyfromrea
Community Champion | Customer

Hey @bnsalas 👋
I believe the answer will only display once a host or panelist has selected either 'Answer live' or 'Type answer'.
You'll find more info about this feature here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203686015-Using-Q-and-A-as-the-webinar-host 🙌

Thanks for your reply @tobyfromrea! As the host, I did type an answer and did not check the box for Private Answer. However, participants still can't see all answered questions. They can only see the answers to their own questions.

tobyfromrea

Hey @bnsalas, can you confirm that the 'Allow attendees to view' feature was enabled?
Here's how to set it up if you wanted to test:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. Click Webinars.
  3. Click the topic of your webinar.
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Q&A tab.
  5. Click Edit to adjust the following settings: 
    • Allow attendees to view: Check either if you want attendees to be able to view answered questions only or view all questions.

Hi @tobyfromrea, yes I did adjust the setting you are talking about before starting the webinar. I also double checked it when the webinar is ongoing. I wanted attendees to be able to view answered questions only, but participants can't see answered questions asked by others.

tobyfromrea

Hello @bnsalas, from what you have described you have set up the webinar correctly. Perhaps try a test webinar with some colleagues or try again on your next scheduled call. If it doesn't work as expected, it may be worth logging a support request: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new 🙌 

BridgetP
Listener

Hi there, I'm curious to know if you have received a response to this query yet? We are having the same issue ... all the settings are correct and yet participants cannot see the answered questions. Is this a glitch in Zoom webinars!? 

tinnovation
Listener

I am having the same issue. Has anyone been able to solve this?

I'm seeing this problem for some users on a single webinar while others (including myself) can see the list of answered questions.

Wilsonatalie
Listener

I am having the same issue as well and have submitted a support ticket. Based on testing, it appears if participants do not have the most recent desktop client version 5.12.3, they cannot see answered questions.

We are having the same issue. Any update to your support ticket?