cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar Passcode Unselected but Still Requiring Passcode

jkeller
Listener

I'm at a loss.  I have an on-demand webinar that requires registration to view, but DOES NOT require a webinar passcode.  Here are my settings:

jkeller_0-1636059925771.png

However, users who are registering for the webinar are being asked for a passcode after completing their registration.  This is the screen that pops up after registration (note, registrants are also not receiving a passcode via email post registration either):  

jkeller_1-1636059981266.png

We want users to view the webinar after registering.  Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3

pizzalover28
Participant

Hi! 

My name is Pizzalover28 and I will happily assist you today. 

I would recommend contacting Zoom Support. 

If you would like to contact Zoom's technical support team, zoom offers a fiew support methods. 

1. Submitting a web ticket. 

You can submit a web ticket by going to the following link: https://support.zoom.us/requests/new 

2. For more urgent issues, you can start a chat session. To start a chat session, first start by going to the zoom.us website and clicking on the blue chat bot icon at the bottom of the page. Once you click the chat bot icon, type support. 

The zoom chat bot will give you a fiew options for teams to contact. 

Select or type support from the menu. 

After selecting, click on chat with a support agent.

kdottt
Listener

I just ran into the same issue and figured it out. Couldn't find any documentation on it and it's not very intuitive so posting here for posterity:

Once the webinar is over the asset users are actually accessing the on-demand webinar on is actually managed in the "recordings" section and not the "webinar" section. Even though you disable the passcode on the "webinar" that actually doesn't mean anything, you need to disable the passcode on the "recording". The concept of the "webinar" is totally divorced from the concept of the "recording". Which is dumb.

To fix:
* Go to https://zoom.us/recording
* Find the recording associated with your webinar

* Click "share"
* Click the "share settings" link at the bottom of the modal

* Uncheck "Passcode" and hit save

This is really obtuse and poorly documented. Zoom should do a better job here.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @jkeller! @kdottt  provided a useful solution. Did this answer your question? If so, please mark their reply as an accepted solution. If you have any more questions, feel free to reach out!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?