cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar Chat Setting "No One"

lla99
Listener

When I set the in-webinar chat to "attendances can chat with no one," does this restrict the hosts and panelists from sending chats to "hosts and panelists?" Or are only the attendees ever affected by these settings?

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

See this Zoom Support article for definitive information on webinar chat:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205761999-Chatting-in-a-webinar 

In there, it says:

• Attendees can chat with: Control who attendees can chat with.
    • No one: Disables in-webinar chat.
    • Host and panelists: Only the host and panelists can send messages to everyone. Participants can still send private messages to the host and other panelists.
    • Everyone: Attendees can send public messages, which are visible to all attendees. Attendees can still send private messages to the host and other panelists.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

EvelynF
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @lla99!

When restricting the chat to "No one" for attendees, you still have the option to remove the chat for panelists. As you can see in my screenshot you have setting options for both "panelists" and "attendees".

If this answers your question, please click the "Accept as solution" button!

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @EvelynF,

I don't see the "Panelists can chat with..." sub-menu, and I've updated to 5.11.1 this morning.  Is there a checkbox somewhere to enable that?

Hi Evelyn, 

I should have mentioned I use Zoom Gov for my webinars so the panelist chat setting options has not been rolled out yet. All we have is the "attendees can chat with" setting options. Do you remember if selecting "no one" for attendees has any affect on panelists/hosts chatting to panelists/hosts? Or chatting out to attendees? My guess is it does not, but I wanted to be sure. 

EvelynF

Hey @lla99 and @Ray_Harwood 

Please can you confirm your settings in your account? Do they match those in the screenshot? 

Here is the article to help: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/7606407669773-Enabling-webinar-chat#h_d9a04597-0138-4fb9-8...

Selecting "No one" for attendees shouldn't affect the panelist chat options.

Ray_Harwood

Hi. @EvelynF.  My settings match yours exactly.  Oddly enough, now I do see the "Panelists can chat with..." submenu.  Interesting!

Ray_Harwood_0-1659110627766.png

So I think I'm up to speed with where you are, now.